1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ive noticed this also at the big box stores. Barriers are being reduced and the herd checkpoints (self checkout) have all returned to full capacity. America is ready to move on, consequences be damned.

Reeko likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't disagree with you. It's very difficult to write a new (temporary) chapter in the social contract when our country is so founded on individualism and self-expression. I mean, I only can give us so hard a time. This virus is just the perfect foil for us, especially at present. Le sigh.

That article is pretty good, FWIW, in terms of somebody thinking of opening their workplace back up, or a school, etc. I hope it gets some play.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I was at Kroger off of Hwy 6 in Missouri City Sunday morning. They are no longer sanitizing carts and about half the employees weren't wearing masks (better than HEB last Saturday where I saw only 2 of about 20 employees wearing masks). The customers were pretty good; I think I only saw about 5-6 not wearing masks...everyone else was. I'm in a zip code that has the highest active count in Fort Bend County so at least people seem to be realizing that here.

Reeko likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't know about anyone else, but if people want me to feel safer and more enthusiastic about going out to visit various businesses, getting rid of the Karens will be a good start.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

lmaoooo

USA! USA! USA!

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Which HEB you go to? I went to HEB on Alabama this weekend and it's a 180 from your experience.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

When models from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation say that moving to reopening in May will likely lead to a substantial increase in the death toll,

Trump opted for a more rosy model, one that shows deaths dropping precipitously in May — and essentially going to zero by May 15.”

this model, referred to as the "Cubic Model' was a excel model created by one of Trump economic advisors, who has no experience nor training in biological sciences / virus. on the basis of this farcical model, Trump announced the re-opening of the economy and shelved the official CDC guidelines for safely lifting restrictions.

[​IMG]

it is now May 15, 2020, deaths continue to increase, to be > 91,000

To say the Cubic Model has been a catastrophic disaster would be a gross understatement

#388 adoo, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Kevin Hassett will get fired for telling the Criminal in Chief what he wanted to hear lying to the CiC.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I go to the one off Hwy 6 and University Blvd

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We don't play that game INSIDE the loop.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't know what that has to do with Corona, some people are just rude and flip out.

This was happening way before the Rona.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Da ****?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Who would have thunk?

Maryland Reports Largest Rise Yet In Coronavirus Cases, 4 Days After Reopening
    https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...t-in-coronavirus-cases-4-days-after-reopening

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING?!?!?

deb4rockets, No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The scary part about the increase of cases all around Houston is that you don't hear any info about a particular business establishment where the people worked or visited. It seems like a couple months ago when we had far less cases they mentioned a Kroger store, HEB, etc..

Contact tracing just doesn't seem like it would notify everyone who may have been exposed and not even know it. I haven't been hearing or reading anything other than numbers data. It's like it's all being kept hush hush so businesses don't lose customers or something.

IBTL, RayRay10 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Yea... the US is ready to open up as long as we act responsibly...

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. body slam

body slam Member

a lot of highway traffic yesterday. Two weeks should be interesting.

RayRay10 likes this.