1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Trump had a perfect opportunity to use the virus to secure his reelection.

Tons of unpopular politicians became extremely popular and trusted because of the pandemic.

In times of crisis people are looking for a leader and a saviour.

It wasn't hard.
    All he had to do was to be semi competent.

But yet the wealthiest country in the world under his command failed so hard like it's a 3rd world country.

Nook, mdrowe00, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, are you saying those two papers want more COVID deaths so the liberals can take office? Or, an i misunderstanding your agreement with bigtexxx?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, but that is not the point @bigtexxx was making

I don't think anyone at this point is arguing that Trump is competent

there is very little reason to think that COVID-19 would have played out any differently with any other President

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

no, not "those two papers"--I am not implying that this is the official editorial stance of the NYT or WaPo

@bigtexxx specifically said "that there are liberals who want more covid cases," and my observation is that you simply see examples of those liberals writing on a daily or near-daily basis for the two papers I mentioned.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have yet to see any liberal writing in any mainstream media advocating for more COVID deaths.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Based on what? A hunch? Did you come up with that hunch your self shaggy or have you been getting into the Scooby snacks again?

There is no reason to assume the virus playbook would be trashed or that any other president would have slept through february.

You should stick to those meddling kids your hunches have zero basis.

NEXT

jiggyfly, Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and your hunch is that Hillary Clinton would have limited covid cases to what? ten thousand total? twenty thousand?

give me your scientific estimate and we'll compare hunches

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Because there is none.
    These guys arent even trying now.

We are on to hunches and blaming a non existent president since in this timeline with their president we are all screwed.

Pass the prescription pill bottle pop pop gulp gulp

jiggyfly, Reeko, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Very little? The president being anti science and math didnt effect anything? refusing to do a real lockdown? The GOP govs would have been a pain in the ass, the right wing no mask nuts would have been a pain in the ass, outside of that no way someone like Obama doesnt do way better in the same position.

I feel like the death rate would be have been half of what it is with Bush.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I only deal in facts shaggy.
    You already know february was taken off. Early reaction is key.. this is a fact. No amount of scooby snacks can change that.

The playbook? No hunch there it was trashed. Again fact. And in its place " gut" decisions and hunches like you..smh

Cmon shaggy it wasnt me your posts are not fantastic ..owned like a spastic @RayRay10 de fantastic

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

like I said, we have absolutely NO WAY of knowing this. none. it is speculative, what-if day-dreaming at best.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Wrong. The Obama Administration left Trump a Pandemic Playbook. Trump ignored it and cut funding for public health agencies like the CDC. Trump was being advised in January that COVID-19 would make its way to America soon, and, yet, he sat on his hands until the very last minute in mid-March, when he forced Americans living overseas to come home immediately or be locked out from returning to their loved ones for months. Many of those Americans had COVID, and they were not forced to self-quarantine immediately after returning to U.S. soil.

Even today, he ignores the advice and recommendations of public health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has held his position under numerous presidents. Other presidents wouldn’t turn wearing a mask and social distancing into a political issue; Trump did. Trump did not develop a national testing program during our nationwide lockdown, and, as of a few weeks ago, we are in a PPE shortage again. Hospital workers were being instructed to use the same N95 mask for up to 15 days, which is how things were in the beginning of the pandemic when PPE was scarce.

#2752 DVauthrin, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Reeko, RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ima have to pile on with the others and say , cmon bro .

Only trump has the balls to flat out deny that there was a concern , push back on choices like voluntarily wearing a mask , and use the powers of his office and the federal government to stymie state responses .

If it was a D in the office , they would have caved to pressure from their own party . If it was a different R , they would have been quicker to compromise .

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I will simply agree to disagree with you all

RayRay10, snowconeman22 and IBTL like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

So there you have it..
    Owning yourself a few posts later..
    So what was your post other than trolling shaggy?

A speculative day dream ( err scooby snacks) or "very little reason to think"

when presented with facts all we can do is take out the adderall and double down some more...

Almost as predictable as me posting his next defense "it wasnt me"

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Youre the one who brought up this speculative "any president would have had the same results". You do realize that, right?

Reeko, IBTL and DVauthrin like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

no, what I specifically said was "there is very little reason to think that COVID-19 would have played out any differently with any other President"

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Cool based on nothing

OWNED

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

And we provided reasons and now you have zero. this is the saddest flameout ever shaggy.

Wow

OWNED

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Of course he does its bad faith argument and trolling