1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest gets MRI on ankle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Dec 9, 2008.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow,I didn't know that until just right now. It seems that the Rockets didn't know about this when they signed him.If so,this amounts to medical neglect IMO.
    How can we possibly continue like this? Ron deserves a lot of credit for playing under such circumstances.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

wow, overreact much? So the guy can't afford to have one minor injury because he's got injury prone teammates?? Think about how long he waited to actually sit out a game. He went several games before finally deciding he needed to rest it and he's willing to go another 2 weeks or so before taking some time off. He got the injury because of who he is, a guy who competes hard and plays all the time, that's who we wanted and who he is. The team is also finding ways to continue staying at the top of the west while guys sit out, so shut up and quit complaining!

3. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

RON is so great tonight leading rox beat HAwks,I think he is the right guy who can bring up our team

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Wish your word could happen somewhere around 00-01' season. :p

I don't buy it,if Yao plays around 35 minutes minus per game,he ain't gonna get no injury on his feet or knee.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

partially torn ligament? That doesn't sound like a minor injury to me. Also, it looks like it was already a pre-existing condition, yet somehow the team didn't know about it even though they gave Ron Artest a physical before he played for us. Strike another one for our all star medical team! Cue the guys saying Keith Jones is the best in the biz because he's on team USA :rolleyes:

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I understand it is frustrating as hell, but yeah it is pretty good news. Come on, we knew it was gonna happen, didn't we?

And it is a lot better that it is happening now. Tracy will be back in one, ok maybe in 2 weeks and hopefully he will be healthly. No more injuries to him, gotta hope.

Shane is playing better each game, he is climbing back to full strength.

So when we get healthly Tracy Ron will even have to sit out. We can give him those 1, or 2 weeks. 'Torn' of course doesn't sound too good, but you know, as they said it is slightly torn. Ron is a warrior, he is a tough guy, he is not like McGrady. He will be there at full strength when we need him.

We will be fine. I only Hope they won't find out Yao's season ending injury in March...

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

A younger Yao averaged only 33.8 mpg and missed half the season in '07.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Someone fell on his leg....

9. worzel gummidge

He was also complaining about the WWF tactics and the bruises and scratches he got from from banging in the low post all game back then.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Preexisting condition . . . and it just finding it

Rocket River

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What I love about Artest is... when he plays hurt you can't really tell he is playing hurt because he plays so strong and hard. Basically he mans up through his pain versus other players on our team that wince and cry and I won't name any people or person in particular that was at the game in a suit tonight.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Exactly, when are Keith Jones and the rest of the Rockets medical staff going to be held accountable for stuff like this? It's bordering on incompetence.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ron fits when Tmac is out...but with Tmac and Battier he is redundant.

DD

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Yup,he missed half the season because of the broken tibia due to the collision with someone in the Clippers jersey.It's just the fluke,I don't think it's gonna happen again unless we're really being cursed by God or Lucifer.

Playing around 35 and being more productive than ever are good things for Yao.He's a 7'6 footer,definitely need more rest. :D

15. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i think they knew about ron's pre-existing condition...

shouldn't they? i mean that's basic about doing a trade, medical is always the most important step

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I believe it was his knee cap.

DD

17. Splash

Splash Member

He doesn't have a choice. Contract year. He's got to suck it up and go with what he has. This year's performance will affect the rest of his NBA career since it dictates his last contract.

He does have tremendous heart though.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Do you guys want them to just X-ray the whole freakin team after every single practice and game??? Full body x-rays for everyone!

C'mon now. The ankle wasn't that bad at first since he obviously kept playing. They may have done an MRI just to rule out anything broken and if Ron said he was good just soreness, then that's not a red flag to do more tests. The reason why it even bothered him was because as he kept playing, it swelled up and now the swelling is bothering the ligaments. THAT, is why they just did the MRI. So what if it was a pre-existing condition?? I'm sure cuttino's problem was also pre-existing and no one ever found it until now. Players are given a general physical, it obviously wasn't hurting him before he sprained it so there's no reason to test it in depth when Houston traded for him. If every guy was tested so extensively, most trades wouldn't go through due to sprained fingers and bruised toes.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

can we just talk about Artest without using Artest to unfairly bash TMac.

I mean, why don't we talk about Rafer playing through the pain of surgery, too. Because no one wants to get embarrassed by using Rafer as a bashing point against TMac.

I guess.

It makes me recall how Cuttino played a swollen ankles all the time, and we still bashed him. Because so many people were looking for reasons to bash him.

stop looking for reasons in everything you read about other players.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

T Mac and Battier aren't enough at the 2 and 3 by themselves. It was a well known fact,that's why DM jumped at the chance of getting Artest.
    Ron may be more effective coming off the bench,but he isn't redundant by any means IMO.