1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arlington Cowboys Stadium: New Standards in Extravagance

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by weslinder, Dec 12, 2006.

1. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Rehab.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

No
    No
    No

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Adding to the FAIL that was the Super Bowl in Arlington...

Hopefully this will disqualify Arlington from getting anywhere near the 50th anniversary. Other than a very well played game, this whole week was one giant failure. I don't blame them for the weather and the problems they caused. They put way too much into worrying about the attendance numbers and not enough about what it meant for the people attending.

Also, from someone who is in the synthetic turf industry, that field was horrendous.

5. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

To add to this, the secruity lines to get into the stadium were ridiculous. There were no signs or even employees who knew where to direct fans as to which line was correct.

I personally spent 2 hrs in 2 different lines (after getting to the stadium around 2:15). It was the worst set up you could imagine, and the fans were not happy. There were people jumping over barricades to go to the bathroom on the dumpsters right next to the lines (including one gross woman).

I understand security procedures will take a while, but the communication was terrible, and it seemed like TSA was consulted on how to handle everything.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That is what will be the real black eye.

The people in those displaced seats spent WAY more than 3 times the face value of that ticket in hotels, meals, travel, and lost wages most likely.

The NFL should refund them 10 times what they paid.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In addition to their refund, they also get tickets to next year's game.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Right, these disgruntled Steelers fans get an all expense paid trip to go watch the Ravens defeat the Eagles at the Meadowlands. I'm sure they'll be jumping up for joy.

I'm sure they're trying to do what they can to control damage here, but I tend to agree that they should be paying them back a good deal more than $2,400, all things considered. And the cities of Dallas/Arlington/Fort Worth really dropped the ball in a big way last week, failing to control hotel price gouging, allowing a taxi cab strike to happen, having zero winter weather preparedness, etc. But above all, there is absolutely no excuse for the Cowboys to still be installing seats in the stadium a few days to the big game. Absolutely. Inexcusable.

I'm sure they didn't have enough time to run sound check either, given the abysmal audio quality of the halftime show.

Epic fail.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's not like the cowboys just lost in the NFC Championship game and they didn't have time to prepare. There hasn't been a game since the Cotton Bowl on Jan 7th. They couldn't get the seats installed and inspected in a month?

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's Dallas guys, what did you expect? A first rate Super Bowl?