1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arizona Republic Mentions Scola SnT Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, Jul 6, 2010.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Take it for whatever it's worth:

Before Warrick, the Suns had sign-and-trade discussions with Houston involving Luis Scola and Toronto involving Hedo Turkoglu or for a trade exception, which could have been used to target Utah's Andrei Kirilenko. The Suns also considered a Leandro Barbosa trade to create salary-cap space for pursuing Dirk Nowitzki.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...702suns-sign-warrick-stoudemire-era-over.html

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This ain't worth a bag of chips now. Just shows Rockets have Scola for sale...

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

if they went after turk, maybe there could be a three way trade involving the suns, rockets, and bosh. they want to offload his (hedo's) contract right?

4. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

The Suns will have a rather large TPE once the Amare-to-NYK sign and trade is completed. They're probably looking at Richardson, Barbosa and Nash as the outgoing players, but don't see how Hedo or Scola really make sense since they'll both be long term.

5. worzel gummidge

Amare was outgoing player.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

aelliott, that's a nice catch. So I am confused, what would the Rockets be getting here with a Scola S&T? Is is something to flip for Bosh?

7. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Hmm lets see here do we take the guy that has been nothing but a warrior for our team and has missed what maybe 2 games the three years he's played for us and has said on numerous occasions he wants to play in Houston. Or do we take the guy who can't decide if he wants to piss or ****? I don't know thats a tough call, maybe we should phone in T-mac for this one.

8. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

May have been initiated by Phoenix. "Discussions" might just mean that they tried to talk Houston into parting with Scola, but were unsuccessful.

9. anchel

anchel Member

Feigen denied those talks.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just a thought that popped into my head, and should have been sent on its way... what if New York wants to get Nash, and we're involved in a 3-way somehow?

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Is it the cool kind?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure this is refering to Amar'e to houston talks, not a separate trade for scola. Remember that scola was rumored to be the centerpiece of that deal....however it seems the talks were much serious at the trade deadline and this offseason were very short, probably because the suns had to jump on Warrick.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Didn't Dirk already re-sign with Dallas?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I refuse to discuss any alleged three-ways that surely could not have occurred when I wasn't noticing, to the best of my knowledge, regardless of the state of mind that I might have inhabited in a past that one could only deny, if the desire to deny existed.

15. LandryMegaBeast

so u refuse to discuss allegedly having sex with 2 other people at the same time? sounds like a guilty man to me

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Good. You are exactly the sort of fellow my post was written for.

17. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Interesting, Scola would be a great fit with Phoenix. And I think Hedo would be a great fit with the Rockets actually. If somehow we get bosh and hedo, that would be pretty awesome!!!

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why would Morey want to help NY in any way? (Well, maybe unless we could get Bosh in the process.)

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Morey involved in a 3-way with Walsh and Colangelo? Do not like.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like I said, it was a thought that popped into my head. Nash would be another "name" to have in New York, even though he's getting long in the tooth, and would be a coup for the Knicks. We would get Bosh. Haven't a clue what else would be involved. As I said, just a thought. Not all of them have to make sense, you know. ;)