1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza's last foul on Harden should have been an offensive foul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Repeating what I wrote in the game thread:

That ending was a classic example of positive reinforcement for flopping in the NBA. Harden gets legitimately fouled, and nothing is called. So he waits 1 second then realizes the entire play is gonna go to the dumps unless he does something. It's a sad reality that you have to flop in this league to get a warranted whistle blown your way. But that's the way it is. Rockets haters can suck it.

1 person likes this.
  2. coffeelover665

Look guys. The reason why people say Harden has an old man's game is beause he's very smart. He reacts to what you do.

You take a step towards him, he's going to euro the other way.

Same thing applies here. He felt the contact from Ariza so he locked him up. Ariza was the one who made the mistake.

This applies to everyone. Just like when people make the mistake of reaching into Durant's ball space, hes just going to do his rip through move and get the foul. This is what make great players great. It's not just talent, it's the small veteran tricks you have up your sleeves.

3. wise_man

wise_man Member

Hardeen did get fouled.....end of conversation.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Actually Bavetta saw the whole thing from start to finish. He was the ref who had the best view. I trust his judgement.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Wizards just mad that Ariza was called for a foul he typically gets away with. In other words, it's a guy who always cheats on tests, get away with it, and becoming pissed the one time someone decides to raise their hand to call the teacher.

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

If you look closely, Ariza actually MOVED HOWARD's pick on that play... anyone who moved howard means he is really holding\grabing Harden down tightly... thats a foul... end of story...

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not only did Ariza grab Harden with both hands (automatic foul) he extended his arm out when Harden fell. Refs are going to call that every time.

The "fouls" called on Dwight multiple times a game are much, much worse calls than this.

9. dragician

dragician Member

wrong forum.

10. dantian

dantian Member

Really speechless about OP's logic. How could Harden foul Ariza without extending his hands, elbow or shoulder Ariza's way?

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

So I guess if Harden should've been called for the foul, then its OK for defenders to just bear hug the living crap outta players. Right.

[​IMG]

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

FRANCISCO LMAOOOOOO

13. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

While watching the game I thought the call was a bail-out. And it was, but only because of nba's idiotic "there are no fouls in the final possession" policy. But I also thought that the foul wasn't really there. The replay show that the foul was definitely there, way before it was called, and I do no longer feel dirty about the win.

14. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wholly crap that was bad. even still......worst one (like had me in a rage) was kirilenko flopping/like rediculously in the playoffs on a made 3 to tie it. euugh.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Before the inbounds pass I was yelling "foul! foul!" at the TV, and then Harden flopped and Bavetta blew his whistle and I was like, "damn, NBA, it takes a flop for you to make the right call?!"

No nanosecond replay necessary to make that call right there.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I wonder if Ariza and Francisco were jibber jabbing in their own Dominican dialect of Spanish...

18. LAC

LAC Member

Ariza must be envy of Nash. Damn Lakers.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I have no idea why people are b****in'. Ariza had two hands on him for several seconds..it's the exact same thing as a 'take foul'..you put 2 hands on the offensive player that's an automatic foul.

20. MichaelG281713

We won, right?

They had another opportunity, right?

All that's to it.