1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza to be available via trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivi, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

@craguin and @Deuce already posted this but i think it's worth to make a thread about it.

My understanding is that there's no way we can trade for Trevor in the first place, but which contenders do you think will be interested in a trade for him? And i wonder how many of them have enough salary to move to get him, not that the contract is huge, but i think to trade for him you still need to send out around 11M so, maybe it's not that easy.

My guess is that one team that should have some serious interest is San Antonio, old team in need of a 3&D player after they lost Green in the Kawhi trade, Ariza seems like a perfect fit for them, i just wonder if they're willing to lose depth for him, cause they would've to trade Bertans and Belinelli or one of them with other two/three of their combo guards (Forbes/White/Walker)...i also don't think the Spurs will ever trade their 1st at this point, especially for Ariza.

malakas, Deuce and KingCheetah like this.
  2. BackdoorHarden

Buyout time. Ariza to Rockets confirmed

3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

lmao spurs traded kawhi AND green for derozan. mas ujiri strikes again

4. craguin

craguin Member

I still think Ariza / George Hill is a good swap for the Suns now that the Cavs got Alec Burks for Korver.

Deuce and xiki like this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why can't we trade for him? He left as a FA. We can trade for him to the best of my knowledge.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's just my guess cause we would've to either move Knight to a third team plus pick/s (1st rounders of course) in order to get a PG to Phoenix, or multiple players with pick/s to Phoenix, and i'm pretty sure a package like Nene, Chriss and Hartenstein/Zhou wouldn't be enough to match his contract, maybe if add Ennis and/or Melo, but that seems more like a fantasy kind of scenario to me.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Oh! You meant finance-wise, ok. I thought you meant like there was some league restriction, like traded for an RFA after you fail to match an offer. My mistake.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Np, the only restriction in this scenario is that we can't trade Knight back to Phoenix but that's something we should be able to bypass eventually.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

If a "contender" really has interest in Trevor then they are not likely willing to trade any kind of decent asset for a 1 year contract plus at 15 mil... And then as the Suns you let this leak. Your leverage is nil.

Therefor Trevor awaits the buyout and goes where he wants.

Phoenix is gonna Phoenix.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For Knight and Chriss? Fun ride.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Still have no clue why Phx gave him that contract.

AroundTheWorld and Chanmarr like this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

His prorated salary is 12 mil, I just don't see us getting him via trade. He needs to get his agent to lean on James Jones to force a buyout

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Any way we can send them Ennis?

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know. It kinda has a conspiracy feel to it...to screw HOU...like the League and the Golden State were worried about our chances, so they convinced the PHX owner to do it.

I mean, the story a week or few days earlier was Paul was willing to take a paycut to give some to Ariza...but obviously $15m went way beyond that plan. Combine that with how (as @Deuce reminds us), Ariza was Facetime'd by the PHX owner, and committed during the phone call.

Of course, maybe the conspiracy is the other way around favoring Houston, and PHX owner hates GSW, so did Tilman a favor to pay Ariza, but will cut him so we can sign him back.

two competing conspiracies ... we'll need @Os Trigonum's opinion.​

15. omgTHEpotential

They thought they were good enough for a playoff push.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Adam Silver trying to wreck Harden's career and deny him a championship. Pretty clear to anyone with eyes to see it.

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Would be huge as a buyout to move Ennis to the backup 3. Hopefully he still has enough in the tank if this fantasy scenario goes down

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. craguin

craguin Member

It wasn't the owner (Sarver), but the GM and assistant GM who were fired...

Vivi and Deuce like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

The Lakers are a fit. Ariza seems like a Lebron James guy and he get right of first refusal when it comes to PHX transactions.