1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arena details

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Leave, Feb 15, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Leave

Leave New Member

A key reason why I voted against the arena is that the negotiations were done without any input at all from Houstonians. From the information I was able to gather prior to election day, the vast majority of the seats in the proposed arena would provide worse viewing for almost all fans (as compared with "The Summit"), except the corporate seating, i.e., luxury boxes.

I certainly believe that Les did just about everything wrong in approaching this issue. His refusal to consider the ticket holders (to other events in the arena, also) is just one more indication of his fixation on money to the exclusion of everything else. Perhaps he does not realize (or care) that one can build a fan-friendly facility that will still give him the financial foundation that would allow him to compete with other organizations.

------------------

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Since there were never any detailed architectural plans put together, how do you know that the seats would be worse in a new arena? We can't know where the seats were going to be until they take the time to design the thing.