1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you wearing a mask when going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 13, 2020.

1. likestohypeguy

Since I found out it's a political statement (?!), I'm kind of selective. In Houston yes, & generally when out and about, shopping etc. Out in rural PD's and courthouses I frequent especially, never. No one wears them, and they deride those who do.

My mom was the only one wearing her mask, at this antique/gift shop out in the sticks. She was asked "do you like dogs?" by the owner, as she approached. Not really. "Well I have two big mean ones in there." (message received)

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I went to chipotle.. besides staff.. 1 lady and myself were the only people with masks on....15 -20 without.

It is really astonishing.
    I dont get it. Now everytime im in these situations I find myself looking at them in a negative way and what a sorry person they are. I thought about setting up a booth at heb like the girl scouts ..asking people why they arent wearing their mask.. but for what ? you cant teach stupid..

Good friend of mine and his family has ignored it the whole time .hes been an anecdotal control friend in this covid experiment. Now his mother in law , sister in law and mom likely have it.. sister in law positive today. For the first time he sounded concerned just now. Smh..

People getting it now are these same rednecks that have been on wild release since memorial day. Good one you dumb f*cks..
    I posted this already here but i need to print these up and put around town

[​IMG]
    what a joke

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Still wearing my mask when I'm in stores or in crowds...

Will continue to wear my mask until the numbers go down or at least get stable...

T_Man

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

what an A$$h0le

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I wear a pink bandana. **** anyone who wants to talk smack.

99% of the time it's a pissed off middle aged white guy. One of the most at-risk sectors. SMH

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

When I go to the post office, I wear the mask.
    When I go to the grocery store, I wear the mask.
    When I walk my dog, no.

Listen to the lyrics

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

You don't have to be rich to feel entitled just had it your entire life.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

COVID -19 strikes again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-us-senator-called-142351086.html

Anti-mask US senator who called coronavirus a hoax tests positive for Covid-19
    James Crump
    [​IMG]July 27, 2020, 10:23 AM

[​IMG]
    Arkansas senator Jason Rapert reciting Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg address: (Arkansas PBS - YouTube)

An Arkansas senator who shared an article that described the coronavirus pandemic as a “hoax” has contracted Covid-19.

Republican senator Jason Rapert, who unsuccessfully introduced a bill to ban gay marriage in the US in 2017, was hospitalised with coronavirus and pneumonia on 24 July.

Earlier in the year, as many states were beginning to take social distancing measures to attempt to control the spread of the virus, Mr Rapert shared an article on Facebook that called the pandemic the “biggest political hoax in history”.

He has been critical of policies taken to stop the spread of Covid-19 in various social media posts over the last few months and was filmed last week not wearing a face mask at a church service, according to Raw Story.

- ADVERTISEMENT -
    Although the senator has been pictured wearing a mask previously, he has also been critical of Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson’s executive order that made wearing a face covering mandatory in the state when people are outside and when social distancing is not possible.

Mr Rapert described the mandate as “an overreach of executive power without consultation with the members of the Arkansas legislature,” in a social media post last week.

The senator added: “I understand the governor has expanded authority during a declared state of emergency, but with most people already complying where necessary and the death rates, hospitalisation rates and positivity test rates all hovering just below 1% in our state — I believe this mandate was ill timed and not necessary.”

Speaking about the mandate, Mr Hutchinson said: “We believe this is important from a public health standpoint,” and added: “It is something that is necessary in Arkansas with the cases we’ve had.”

Following his hospitalisation, Mr Rapert released a statement, where he wrote that “this is a difficult time for my family, but we know that God is with us always. We’re sincerely grateful for the many prayers of love and support that have been expressed on our behalf.

“We have all been doing our best to wear a mask, social distance and be careful like everyone else. This virus is serious and can attack anyone regardless of age or general health.”

Arkansas recently saw a rise in coronavirus cases and last week recorded its second and third highest daily totals since the pandemic began, with 10,013 on Wednesday and 990 on Thursday, according to AlterNet.

On Sunday, the state recorded another 642 new positive test results, which took its overall total to 38,623 cases and 401 deaths.

According to a tracking project hosted by Johns Hopkins University, in the US as a whole, some 4.2 million people have tested positive for coronavirus. The death toll has reached at least 146,935.

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

jerry nadler accosted by anti mask protestors admits the effectiveness of a mask is a myth and doesn’t wear one as well..

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

"God is always with us"

Doubt God is with people whose actions and words are putting millions of lives at risk. Mass murderer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. ROXRAN

Fwiw I do think wearing a mask is prudent , just kinda funny Nadler gave no *** when out and about engaging with the public...also is he like 4 foot tall?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just goes to show you don't have to be smart to get into politics. You don't have to care about anyone but yourself either. You don't have to set a good example. You just need money or connections, like the mob.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wonder how Covid particles disperse when shed . If they float up , us short people may not have anything to fear

RayRay10 and ROXRAN like this.
  15. ROXRAN

Well said deb- unfortunately

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, still am, because I am not a selfish moron - who ignores science.

DD

T_Man likes this.