1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are You Ready to Make the D&D Great Again?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Feb 21, 2016.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Agreed.

Unfortunately, that is as good a reason to elect him as any considering the field he is running against.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is the Mexican Industrialist will disappear back into his industrials on Nov 8th. Or sooner.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Much better than you. I never got so embarrassed by my posting on Clutchfans that I had to leave for years to try and get people to forget how much of a clown I was.

I hope you have learned something in your time away and have the capacity for actual debate and discussion.

Exemplified by you and people of your ideological ilk.

Agreed, but you're going to follow this by engaging in projection rather than actually dealing with what should be head-splitting cognitive dissonance.

Obama of Hawaii isn't running again, no matter how much some Alex Jones wannabe has tried to convince you that he will suspend elections.

So, nothing but disparaging remarks about appearance, nothing whatsoever about substance?

Look at that, you got something right. Maybe you have changed.

It is ruining one of the parties and has been for decades, since the GOP gave up on being the fact-based party in favor of ideological and theoretical fervor.

I don't know that I agree that it is about "intelligence," I have known some absolutely brilliant 16 year olds who would intellectually smoke a LOT of 18 year olds on that measure. I posit that the "baseline level" to which you refer is a baseline level of maturity, not intelligence.

Yes, TEA Party people and other low information voters have absolutely infested the GOP with their anti-intellectual, anti-fact, and anti-science agendas. It is absolutely sad that the party of the first president for whom I voted has devolved to the point that I'd rather vote Libertarian than grace the Republicans with my vote. They had it in 1988, lost it soon after, and have only gotten crazier since.

So, all the other taxes they pay don't qualify them to vote? Why is the income tax alone the litmus test? Why doesn't payroll, sales, or property tax count as a contribution to government coffers in your mind?

First: Their money goes to Washington too. Every person who works a legitimate job in the United States pays the payroll tax.

Second: Voting is a right guaranteed in the Constitution. At one time, only relatively wealthy landowners were able to vote, which led to many iniquities, which led us to change our voting rules. You may want to go back to the 1800s, but many of us see voting as an inherent right as a citizen and thankfully the SCOTUS has agreed.

No, it isn't. Everyone who is affected by government (which is every single citizen) has the right or, in my opinion, the duty to contribute to the decisions regarding how we move forward. The elites already have plenty of say, that's why we have a representative rather than a direct democracy.

No you won't, you'll run away from any substantive discussion, like you did in 2008 and again in 2012.

It will be if you reply. I love showing you up for the ignoramus you are.

5. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5INT0KWmzM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>