1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are You Ready to Make the D&D Great Again?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'm pretty excited about the return.

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

The underscore used to be en vogue.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Carrottop is probably a better comparison.

A guy who nobody really liked much in the first place, and in a sad attempt to regain what small measure of notoriety he had in the first place has taken to dropping steroids and appearing on little watched roasts and other comedy-related shows about the era in which he was once somewhat famous.

Really....most of the people in here these days don't know who Georgie is/was and they probably will find his act a tired ripoff of Honeybear/texxie/ronnie/mojoman.

Shoulda stayed retired...this is just taking away from his legacy.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wouldn't lump Mojoman into the same category of the others. He's actually a true believer in the uniformed political nonsense he spouts.

Honeybear/Ronnie/Trader are just BBS schtick. They are characters where you think someone is just trying to get a good laugh on the internet instead of actual people.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trader_Jorge is a legend.

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

...in his own mind. All you need to know about t_j was in my sig.

"It is bullcrap that people like janitors and secretaries have the same vote that I do."

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would have been SO GOOD had the uniform response to this thread been one of complete silence. Seriously, not a single response.

Oh well.

1 person likes this.
  9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Gladiator, how are you? I hope you are doing very well and that your soul is in full bloom.

The great Isaac Asimov remarked, "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".

Never before has this quote been more true. With candidates such as Hussein of Mombasa, Shower on Tuesdays Sanders, and now Trump, Man of Accomplishment, winning votes, it is clear that ignorance reigns supreme. The Kardashian era of superficiality and the decline of voter intelligence is ruining the governance of our country.

There are limits to voting in America -- age being the most identifiable limit. No one under the age of 18 is eligible to vote. Above this age, voters are entrusted to be smart enough to weight their options and vote in an educated manner. Setting the age at a lower level, such as 16, was not done presumably because there has to be some baseline level of intelligence to entrust a person to vote intelligently. With the increase in voter participation for select groups of low information voters, this baseline level of intelligence has been threatened.

I for one, do not believe that working age citizens who do not pay income taxes should be allowed to vote in national elections. Why should they vote on how other people's money is spent? It's illogical. I will explore this more in a future thread.

GOOD DAY

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You're saying the Constitution has it all wrong?

Do property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes or public lotteries not count?

Can we just require everyone to take a general intelligence test with a US government section to qualify?

Should there be a $1000 poll tax? $10,000, a million?

#50 Dubious, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  11. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    To expound on my last post, look at the recent Nevada caucuses. Hillary Clinton was nudged to victory by a timely endorsement of the Culinary Union of Las Vegas. These voters, who had a disproportional impact on choosing the next Democratic presidential candidate, are comprised of janitors, bus boys, and burger flippers. This is who we want electing possibly our next president? It's nonsensical! Would you want janitors and bus boys making financial decisions for your family? Think about that for a moment -- any honest person's assessment would be a resounding 'no'.

We need voter reform and we need it now.

12. Dubious

Do I want the Koch brothers making all my laws for me? Will they protect the my welfare if it costs them income?

And I think those people you mentioned do pay income taxes. Maybe you mean just people with interest income and capital gains.

"According to this site, if I did it correctly, for experienced bakers, $21.26 per hour. "

http://www.nevadaworkforce.com/

#52 Dubious, Feb 22, 2016
  13. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    When you are discussing whether wealthy people make good decisions on behalf of poor people, the answer is a resounding 'yes'. Charles Koch has thousands of people working for him. A manager such as this shoulders a tremendous responsibility to protect the interests of his flock. Not protecting the flock means the crumbling of his empire. It is in his best interest to ensure the well being of his people. Good managers know this. Low information voters simply do not have the strength of character and sense of responsibility to vote against what they perceive to be their self interest. They make bad decisions, which is why they are low information voters and lack financial means. It's circular. Revolutions, you follow?

With great income comes great responsibility, and it breeds great character. We, as humans, look for leaders to whom we entrust decision making. We elect Presidents, Congressmen, and Judges to make important decisions, instead of putting everything to a democratic vote at each decision point. So too, should we entrust the decision making of our country to the best and brightest. We need voter reform in order to restore the greatness of the United States.

14. Dubious

Are the Koch's proactive on global warming and acidifying oceans?

#54 Dubious, Feb 22, 2016
  15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    If it were to be concluded that the data underpinning the global warming movement was falsified, and a large scale conspiracy was undertaken to push this falsified data on the populace at large, would you change your mind on global warming as a movement?

Furthermore, if it were to be concluded that man's actions simply cannot change the earth's weather systems, would you change your mind on global warming as a movement?

If a cost benefit analysis were undertaken that showed that trillions of dollars of economic damage would not lower temperature levels by any meaningful percentage, would you change your mind on the movement?

If it were revealed that geopolitics drive the global warming movement, and not a sense of altruism for coastal peoples and polar bears, would you change your mind on the movement?

Only asking because all of these points have already been proven factual.

GOOD DAY

16. Dubious

I must have missed that report. Can you link it for me?

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

He is a legend in the same way as crabs are legendary.

Look we do not always see eye to eye on political discussions. I do respect your opinion, since you are honest in your opinion and try to have a rational discussion. TJ, HB are just trolls trying to get a reaction. They are everything that is wrong with de D&D and internet forums in general.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

no way amigo. I prefer mexicant industrialists and internet trolls deciding for me

[​IMG]

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump will do nothing for most middle class families except entertain them while he tanks the economy by cutting so much that our spend based economy goes falls apart.

20. Dubious

I don't think anybody, even Mr. Trump, has any idea what he would actually do as President. I think it's all about the competitive drive to get elected and not about any political convictions.