1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you more Liberal or more Conservative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jump Ship, Mar 24, 2019.

?

My ideas are

1. 100% Liberal

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. 100% Conservative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More Liberal

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. More Conservative

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Question. Are you actually reading the entirety of @Tomstro posts here?

Why are you still pretending that this guy wants a good faith conversation?

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

thats impossible to have with you. You are a racist. You have no good faith.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not focused on him right now.

I'm interested in whether you think all white people are necessarily at a net advantage due to their race. That seems like a pseudo-religious position, though one that does seem common on the Left.

4. fchowd0311

I think that is phrased poorly. A better way to phrase it would be that no white person who is poor in this country is poor because they are white.

So no, not every white person has an immediate advantage. A poor white person in rural WV where almost every other poor person is white isn't having some inherent advantage being white. But those poor white people in WV aren't poor because they are white.

5. durvasa

What about disadvantages? Do you think it's possible that some white people, on account of their race, can be disadvantaged in some settings? Seems obviously true to me (race-based affirmative action can help or hurt people based on their race; also, some people are more likely to be socially stigmatized for speaking out honestly on certain topics if they are of the wrong race). And if we can accept that, in addition to what you said about some white people not having an inherent advantage being white, then it would follow that some white people might actually be at a net disadvantage due to their race.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That the disadvantages are minute by comparison

subtomic and DaDakota like this.
  7. durvasa

I don't know how you can generalize in that way about all "white" people. Racial dynamics are just too complicated. I don't deny there are social advantages to being white, but I don't think they're experienced anywhere close to uniformly by all white people. And there can be some disadvantages as well, and again I don't think they're experienced uniformly. That's why I think it's presumptuous to say that a white person should never complain about how they are being treated on account of their race. We don't know what they are experiencing on a daily basis in their particular situation.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Whether you realize it or not, and I'm pretty sure you don't, you've made it pretty clear who the racist is in this thread.

9. fchowd0311

Do you think it's normal anytime someone is in the middle of a discussion about wealth inequality between the two races based on median household income to come in and start claiming that we are racist towards White people? Because that is who you are defending. This poster in the middle of discussions in other threads just comes in and claims people are racist for merely mentioning the 1000% wealth gap between median households.

You are trying to make a point where there isn't one being made against it. All you are doing is acquiescing to a troll and his rants that are obviously insincere and ment to "trigger"

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I will certainly add you to the list with the other clowns. I have said absolutely nothing racist about anyone. I have only defended against racist comments. You are defending racism so **** your little drive by insult and **** you.

11. durvasa

You two apparently have some history that I'm unaware of. I don't agree with calling someone a racist simply for pointing out outcome disparities across different racial groups, if that's what he did.

My point was only that it is possible for a white person to sincerely and legitimately feel they are a victim of racism, and I don't have a problem with them expressing that feeling on here. I can't comment on this particular poster's personal experience and how sincere he is being.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

This is your account of this thread? Man you really are stupid. That I jumped in when someone mentioned a wealth gap? That was never even in this conversation except for when i said that you would eventually try to bring it up, which you did. And you always do. And you’re doing it again. What I am really doing is identifying you as a racist toward white people, which you prove to be time and time again.

13. fchowd0311

Well you can start by at least seeing how by now he's labeled half the board that posts on D&D racist.

It's not obvious to you that the poster is ****ing around.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No I have labeled YOU a racist and 1 or 2 other clowns as well. Again, your account of things is way off. Also, stop trying to address others about me, you little bittch.

15. fchowd0311

Damn dude maybe you are being sincere.

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Absolutely. I am being very sincere when I say that you are a racist. I am also being sincere when I say you are a little bittch.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes white people have an advantage.

The laws are LITERALLY WRITTEN for their benefit.

DD

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Ok. I will play. Which laws specifically? All of them?

19. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

#119 LondonCalling, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True 50 years might seem like a long time but in the history of our country it isnt that long and Conservatives like Alito argue that changes like legalizing abortion are an aberration compared to the overall history.

overall I agree with you but am just explaining the Conservative view as I understand it.