1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you more Liberal or more Conservative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jump Ship, Mar 24, 2019.

?

My ideas are

1. 100% Liberal

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. 100% Conservative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More Liberal

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. More Conservative

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. dmoneybangbang

I’d say “traditions” over “status quo” are what conservatives “defend”.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE="cml750, post: 12308323, member: 4769"I thought Trump would be bad but knew Hillary would be worse [/QUOTE]

This is always the most hilarious and sorry ass excuse for voting for Trump.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pretty good, not sure what conservatives have done other than line the pockets of the rich.

DD

Rashmon and ROCKSS like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@rocketsjudoka

More Michael Jackson than Prince
    but respect Prince

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’m mixed , 97.5 percent proud republican, and .5 percent democrat and 2 percent libertarian, I also care about your feelings

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I lean left but what I really look for are policy`s that are inclusive and beneficial for the masses, I like a god idea and I dont care if it comes from a D or an R or an L or whatever letter you affiliate with

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know you wrote this in 2019 but it’s an interesting contrast take with what has happened recently with the USSC. Yes you could argue that liberals have been interested in defending the status quo on things like abortion but that is only a status quote that has existed for 50 years. Conservative activism has been about overturning what they saw has extreme activism to return much of the culture to what for most of the history of the country had been traditional values. In fact Akita’s opinion in Dobbs specifically said that abortion couldn’t be supported because it wasn’t something historical established in US and prior British jurisprudence.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beg to differ. Michael Jackson was a greater hit maker but Prince was the better musician.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I openly question you ability to be a Republican. Caring about other people's feelings is so ... WOKE.

ROXRAN likes this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Over the last 40 years or so, I have mostly been a moderate. About 20 years or so ago, I started to have a really difficult time to even consider voting for a Republican. And it has only gotten worse. I did not change. Republicans have veered to the right.

Deep thought: Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z are becoming more liberal over time. The Republican response to that is to go harder right. The unfortunate consequence is that the Republicans are no longer a party that can govern, just wine. At some point, the Republicans are going to run out of old, white, angry voters.

Rashmon likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prince can play instruments yes
    But Michael Jackson’s dance moves transcends generations
    They will do the moonwalk in the year 9999

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I used to consider myself pretty far Left, but I definitely feel more conservative in recent years.

I guess I am a liberal incrementalist. We should strive to be more equal and less divisive in our society, and major systemic changes are probably needed to achieve that. But I don’t believe in imposing radical, sweeping changes without careful consideration of what the fallout might be and without following established democratic procedures for implementing those changes. I also respect some of our core political traditions, specifically those rooted in Enlightenment principles. Liberals today are often too quick to discount them as the product of racist, white men.

cmoak1982, Invisible Fan and ROXRAN like this.
  13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Because I’m not rich or religious, the right hates me.

Because I am a white male, the left hates me.

which side do I pick?

**** em both

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'm a moderate but these days that makes you woke.

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I sympathize with your plight of being white. Sorry you were delt such a shitty hand.

ROCKSS and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Whites are the real victims of everything. That's why Trump is such a great man. He understands how oppressed the average white male is.

The women, minorities, gays and transgender, and even children are stomping all over them. Who will stand up for the poor weak white males?

ROCKSS and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am more liberal…I disagreed with them, but I did not have any real problem with Republicans until they went crazy and extreme

I remember when Sarah Palin was considered the crazy one, but now she is very tame in comparison

Trump, MTG, and a whole host of others along with bonafide dummies like Herschel Walker…I mean, c’mon…

Xopher, Rashmon and DOMINATOR like this.
  18. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

don't like either political party.

i become more liberal as i get older. it's harder and harder to align any views with the radical republican politicians that are the face of the party.

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

They seem to be replacing them with the young incel 4chan crowd though.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm an outlier in my ideology where I've always believed that the best political results are those that come out of taking an idea, and engaging with a everyone to come to a logical consensus.

Nowadays we only deal with absolutes, and I think that kills progress.

My ideology for naively believing in Democratic processes also makes me a staunch liberal in today's political climate. What ticks me off more than anything is how people have given up on these values and now think the better alternative is OPENLY CHOOSING a messiah strongman philosophy of governing because that strongman will FORCE others that you don't agree with to do what you want them to do against their will.

I don't get why my love of clean air, oceans, and technological advancement to help my kids and future grandkids survive on this planet is soooo horrible of a discussion that the other side refuses to get in the huddle with people like me to figure out a solution. I just don't understand why selfishness, and individualism is a virtue today. I grew up playing team sports, and having a group success value ideology.

I guess I've just been naïve all these years, and are ignorant to the fact that it has been and always will be a dog eat dog world we live in. Shame on me I guess. I suppose I am a stupid tree hugging liberal after all.

Invisible Fan and ROCKSS like this.