1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you living the dream?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 13, 2023.

?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

IBTL likes this.
  2. no_answer

no_answer Member

Depends on what time it is. Right now, absolutely not.

Haymitch and Xerobull like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

at night, yes

Killatron 2000 and Xerobull like this.
  4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Have a great marriage, two good kids, a career I'm proud of and now that I'm retired, I still teach and train.

So yeah.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - nothing is perfect but I am doing well.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I am still waiting for my parents to reveal that they actually are secret billionaires and that I am set to inherit a significant chunk, but other than that things are good.

I've never been much of a long-term planner (/dreamer) so I never had a vision for what I wanted my adult life to be, but I'd say it has gone well. I don't think I would have predicted that I would have been this happy with my life. Great wife, 3 healthy kids, interesting job with decent pay, good enough house in a nice area, and at least a couple good friends.

I do have this lingering shoulder issue that ****ing sucks but otherwise I'm good.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

8. Buck Turgidson

I have been...but my dreams are really ****ing weird, so I'm tempted to just go native and say "**** it".

#8 Buck Turgidson, Apr 13, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    Xerobull likes this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Which dream are you referring to. My dream in high school was to be the next drummer for Rush. I'm still waiting on their call, however.

I guess I'm living the adjusted dream now. Happily married, couple of awesome kids, a cool dog, nice house in the 'burbs, no debt aside from the mortgage, nice 401(K) and my wife's teacher's pension....

Although I'm not the new drummer for Rush, I still get to play music every weekend in a cover band, so I guess that counts for something.

I'm legally deaf in my left ear and I definitely could stand to lose 30 pounds....but other than that, I guess I'm doing okay.

Patience, OmegaSupreme, Nook and 6 others like this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes, I am.

Later on tonight I'll be pushing speeds to Mach 11 on the F-14 Tomcat. Afterwards, Ill be sneaking into my highschool sweethearts 2nd story bedroom.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

12. droxford

droxford Member

I think I'm living the dream.... but it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

GRENDEL and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I am? Lol. I'm happy enough. Have a great wife, going to be a Dad in October for the first time after a long journey towards it and so we are tremendously over the moon about that. I have a nice new job that pays me less (I'm not hurting for money though, still pulling in some good change) but I'm happier and who knows one day I could make even more and be happier still! I wasn't happy at the last mega pay job recently and it nearly got me fired and I was miserable. So, I'm happier now from a work standpoint too. I'm stable on my meds these days and that's nice. My only debt is a mountain of student debt + mortgage. The usual stuff in other words. Cars are all paid off.

I could stand to lose 80-90 lbs, have plantar fasciitis in both feet, and my neck is broken (not literally) but it's a little jacked up. But to answer your question, I would say mostly agree as my answer to the Yes part of the poll. Life is like 75-80% good, 20-25% room for improvement or not as great. All in all, as long as I continue to give the glory to Christ, all is well my friend (just kidding @solid).

Whether I'm living the dream, beats me :). My needs are met, I'm in a relatively good place overall. So , yeah.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Awesome, congrats!

I feel you on the "long journey" part, believe me... But that just makes it sweeter when it finally happens. You won't ever take your kid(s) for granted.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Life is good.

My dad spent 22 years in prison, my mom spent 5 years in prison, plus had several immigration deportations over the years, I was raised by my grandma and uncle. Somehow, I turned out normal and doing alright in life. I have my wife and daughter that I love, I had an awesome dog that I recently lost, but spent 12 awesome years with him, and I get to go visit my mom and dad in Mexico every few months.

My goals growing up were:
    • Hire dad a lawyer to get him paroled. I checked this off the list.
    • Become an engineer because I liked rollercoasters (I really had no idea about the decent compensation part). I check this off, although I do drainage engineering as opposed to designing coasters).
    • Give my grandma and uncle a more secure life. (I semi accomplished this one, my uncle passed a week before my college graduation, and my grandma got dementia about a year later, but I took care of her and made sure there was never money insecurities again in our household).

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't have a dream. My life is a series of goals to conquer. I climb towards the goal and when I get to it, I'm already looking at the next. /shrug

I am deliriously happy with my wife and kids, though. I grew up poor so if I had a peek into the future as a kid, I would be blown away by how I live now. And how ****ing old I look, too.

@IBTL Congrats on lil @XeroBullJr!

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

youuuuuuuuuuuuu SONOFABITCH!

B-Bob likes this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I always had the goal of designing the first wireless cigarette lighter and thought that would be my next big invention, but before I perfected it, most people quit smoking. :oops:

VooDooPope and Xerobull like this.