1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you happy with the Presidential Candidates?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 26, 2024.

?

Are you happy with our Presidential candidates?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Simple question, simple poll.

I can't imagine there's many people that are happy with the current aging, possibly demented candidates we have (both of them). Both have been accused of being criminals, and both have been accused of being pedophiles. Both are pushing 80.

Is this what our country stands for?

We should have an age cap, just like we have an age minimum.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is the younger guys are pretty damn unimpressive.

If there was a dynamic, young guy worth voting for, they'd be in the race, running away with it.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Age is at the bottom barrel of my concerns

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Epstein's friend, who hung around backstage at teen beauty pageants, told a 10-year-old girl he'd be dating her in 10 years, talked about how his one-year-old daughter's legs and breasts compared to his wife's, and is currently facing nearly 100 indictments, is essentially the same as a dude who weirdly sniffs kids' hair and has a degenerate son.

BOAF SIDEZ

Reeko, VooDooPope, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Back in 2020, I was worried about Biden's and now it's four years later ... and I'm not. Media and social media really want me to feel like it's a problem, but I don't. Biden has been a very solid president and he has a good team of professionals to advise him. If he croaks, Harris will inherit that team and we will just keep on. We've had 9 presidents die in or resign from office and while it caused some turmoil, it's never caused a crisis of leadership.

So we have 1 good options and one option that should make it painfully obvious we should choose the good option. Maybe it's not as good as the 2008 race where I thought we'd get a good president either way, but not too shabby.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. I'm just trying to avoid the "But Biden is a criminal too!!! 11" potential posts.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The democratic party could do so much better than nominating Robert Byrd's best buddy. And I have been vocal that Nikki should have garnered more support.

Not impressed with these candidates.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't elect a man who sexually assaulted more than 20 women, including a 13 year old at Epstein's parties.

Donald Trump is unelectable if you have any integrity or honor at all - no one with honor can cast a vote for that vile man.

DD

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... all the magas still complaining about Democrats when faced with a decision to vote for donald trump or not should have been coming up with better republican party candidates in the primary. Oh wait... there is no republican party anymore. But sure... complain about Democrats. We have to keep saving the country from your mistakes...

Reeko, VooDooPope and ROCKSS like this.
  10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I agree, I was worried about Biden but for what he`s had to work with I give him kudos.............is he perfect, hell no but I will take him any day over trump and twice on Sunday. Would I prefer the dems give us another choice, yes, but they seem to suck at bringing new candidates up the ranks. I strongly looked at Christie and Haley but they didnt make it so all we have left is trump on the gop side and I would NEVER vote for him or any maga candidate. I wont be shocked if trump wins, the disinformation campaign by maga works, you have so many people actually believe that there isn't a solid border bill that Johnson won't put to a vote................all of them think that the Prez can just shut it down and that's not how the laws work. If he were to "shut it down", it would be optics and we would end up in court.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Donald Trump is who this country needs to lower crime rates, restore integrity in our voting, restore integrity in our legal system, put a stop to endless war abroad, restore fiscal sanity to our spending, and put a stop to the inflation that is crushing our lower and middle classes.

Trump will bring an era of prosperity that will benefit all Americans' standard of living.

ROXRAN likes this.
  12. ROCKSS

I think if Haley had won, she would have brought more voters to the gop from the left than anyone else......but alas, the gop is no more, its the trump party and all their eggs are in one basket, from now controlling the purse strings of the rnc to the nomination of the gop front runner.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Could there be an easier decision?

Rashmon and ROCKSS like this.
  14. ROCKSS

LOL......................I love your comedy TJ

How it started the first go round

[​IMG]

And how the first few months went

[​IMG]

Reeko likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly Donald Trump wears adult diapers because of the laxatives, stimulants and lifestyle he lives. People that have worked for him and know him have said that he would **** his diaper and actually had someone that would clean up after him. I understand that as we get older, that we can lose bladder control or worse - but we don't need that type of person leading this country.

We need new and more qualified leadership - not someone that was born into a wealthy family, with social privileges and that got away with activities that are no longer acceptable.

Trump is a dinosaur, and we can do better - and that doesn't even get into his corruption issues.

ROCKSS and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Biden being old as dirt is my only issue with him. If he were 15 years younger I would have rave reviews because I think his first term was amazing despite constant republican obstructionism. I mean, one party refuses to govern right now.

In a better version of America it would be nice to have 2 real candidates to choose from, but it is what it is. Hopefully America gets through this Trump embarrassment and it's just an ugly era we look back on like McCarthyism.

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Policy-wise Biden has been pretty decent, do I wish there was an option for someone who fit my politics even better? Sure.

On the age/vibrance/personality thing, honestly don't care. If he dies or becomes incapacitated while in office, and is replaced by his VP who continues with a similar platform, it's totally fine. Would it be better for the country if the president weren't at high risk from such an event? Sure.

As for the other candidate, not great.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Traitor Jorge bring the comedy.... Trump can't even spell integrity much restore it to anything.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People that want the world to burn or are selish pricks like this asshat are fortunately few and far between, they have no honor, no integrity, and lack common decency.....embarrassing.

Here is the lady Trump RAPED when she was 13.

DD

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Biden administration and his policies are very much in line with the mainstream Liberal wish list. So yeah I'm happy with giving Biden a second term. Would I PREFER that Biden be younger, Look like a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, give speeches like Martin Luther King Jr., and have the IQ of Albert Einstein???... of course.

In a Democracy, you should NEVER be truly "Happy" with any political candidate because in a Democracy there's always compromise between coalitions of voters. You are ALWAYS asking more of elected officials by design. What unites the pro-Democracy coalition that supports Biden is a set of policies, and a track record that checks the most boxes.

Trumpers always ask this question that the OP asked because they don't see the world in the same way that someone who is Pro-Democracy sees it. They have an autocratic worldview where they need to have a perception of perfection from their leader. They want to feel like he is a perfect being put on earth by god to be a savior, and you simply cannot admit that the dear leader has regular human flaws.... despite these strongman dictators almost always being the most overweight, ugly, stupid, and un-intelligent people to walk the face of the earth.

The question OP is flawed because we live in a Democracy, and in a Democracy we should NEVER be in love and have cult like support of a President. We should care about and fight for policy that benefits us. If the candidate aligns with your policy agenda, then that's typically how you vote unless the candidate is morally repulsive enough and does things like.... oh engage in criminality, rape, etc. etc.

VooDooPope likes this.