1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you going to watch the World Series?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 21, 2004.

?

Well, are you?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

85 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm sure not. Moving on to my Rockets and Texans.

I hope the Sox can break the curse against those Cards....

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I don't think I'll be able to, but I hope the Sox win.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I'll watch, but this loss has drained me. I'm, hoping for a Cards win just because i think the "Curse" is one of the better storylines in baseball. I rooted for Boston to get past New York, now here's to another choke job in the series.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yes.

And as much as I would have liked the 'Stros to be their opponent, the Red Sox are a team of destiny.

Um.... maybe.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Yes, go Sox! Cards got lucky. They know it.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hell yes I'm going to watch the World Series. I'm a BASEBALL fan. I enjoy watching good baseball no matter who is playing. I'll be cheering for the Cardinals. As much as I hated seeing them beat the Astros, I have a lot of respect for their lineup. Albert Pujols could be best hitter not named Bonds of our generation. He's truly an amazing talent. His brain is like a computer while at the plate. He can make adjustments mid at bat that other players cannot. He sees the ball and makes solid contact almost every AB. He's a treat to watch. And Jim Edmonds is one of my favorite players also. His swing looks so effortless up there.

I think the Cardinals starting pitching may catch up to them against the Red Sox, though. We'll see.

7. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

yeah i still will

can't help it.

8. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i'll be pulling for those yankee killers! I hate the Cards anyways....Plus Bags was a Redsox prospect too!

9. synergy

synergy Member

of course i'll be watching. i'm rooting for the redbirds here.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

in 86 it took me halfway through the series before i could turn it on. and was sooooo disappointed the freaking mets won.

i'll watch from the beginning this time...i find as baseball season ends, i watch as much of it as i possibly can, soaking as much up as possible, to help tide me over during the long offseason.

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

My favorite team is the Astros, but I like having an AL team to root for, I can root for any team in Texas besides Houston,
    so the Rangers are out of the question. Boston is my AL team and I will root for them and watch. They have suffered like us Astros fans. F*ck the Yankees.

12. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Well being a die hard Rockets fan, with the Asros out of it I've switched back over to my "normal self" and am now concentrating on the Rockets.

Normally I wouldn't care who wins the world series, but this year I'm definitely rooting for the Sox because they earned it, and because I absolutely hate Pujols. It just seems like he's so arrogant, but if I was as good as him I'd probably be that way too. Compare him to Carlos, Pujols might be just a tad bit better (at least offensively), but you can look at them and tell that Beltran is much more laid back and doesn't have that "I'm a badass" sense. So yes, I'm going for the Sox for one reason, Albert Pujols.

Pugs

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I could care less about these two teams in the World Series. But, if you ask me who I want to win, then I will go with the Red Sox because the Cards beat us(they didn't exactly prove hands down they were better than us) and they had the best record in the league. I want the underdog to win. But, I won't watch much if any regardless. I may watch the scoreboard some, though.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Me 2.:)

15. drapg

drapg Member

Yeah, I'll watch, begrudgingly, because I'm a sports fan and won't be able to live with myself if I miss it.

ugh. I hate this.

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

No, I have too much stuff to get caught up on that I neglected during our playoff run.

I'll watch parts of it.. and follow it.. but im not watching every game from beginning to end

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

wont watch. but i cant stand jim edmonds and julian tavares, so i'll be hoping the red sox win

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I am baseball'd out for this year. This was such an emotional season that I can't stand to watch 2 other teams play.

That said, I'd like to see the Sox win it but I don't want to see the aftermath.

Can anyone say "Atlanta after the Civil War"

19. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Im Boycotting the World Series this year becuase ima a discouraged fan...

GO 'STROS <--- I just wanted to add it in there one last time this season.

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Yep
    Redbirds in 6