1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

are the guards loosing the games in purpose?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

This is pure speculation, but after watching the last few games in agony i have tried to connect a few dots and this is the only explanation left for me.
    a. Rudy when out before the trade line and for the first time in his career talked about bickering and "finger pointing " in the team and told them it has to stop.
    b. they changed the game plan forcing our selfish guards to pass

so if you are steve and Cat what would be the best way to get back at him? get him fired.H? make sure we do not make it to the playoffs. this is the only way that i can come up w/ an explanation foor the last few times Francis one of the best players in the league has played in the first half. When was the last time anyone saw steve dribble the ball straight into the opposing players hands and cause a jumpball? (Robinson) or blow wide open layups.

and lets not forget about being torched every night by other gaurds.

I think they waited until the trade deadline was over and started to throw games, this way rudy can not get back at them by trading cat.

or....

I am really frustraded and angy and just reaching for any explanation.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I think they are tanking to give Memphis a better shot at Lebron James.

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Interesting theory. How bout this one:

SF and Cat are jealous of Yao (and his popularity) and are trying to keep him down by freezing him out of the offense. Only reason why they pass the ball to him in the 1st place is because of intense pressure by fans, coaches, other analysts to do.

Do you notice that both of them will hesistate slightly before passing to Yao? Subconsiously they don't want to do it and the hesitation is the proof. MoT, Rice, Posey do not hesitate when passing it to him.

I bet if they could get away with it - Yao would avg only 3-4 shots a game coming mainly from offensive putbacks while SF and Cat each shoot 20+ times a game.

If you were SF or Cat, wouldn't you feel a little jealous if someone came in and took away most of the attention you received in prev. years.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Your hypothesis doesn't seem to take into account that Mobley has been playing really well. Maybe you just meant Francis was throwing games?

5. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Why would they do that?

6. daniel-bfl

daniel-bfl Contributing Member

Well I think SF and Cat are only afraid of turnovers accumulating in their "flawless" stats sheets. After YM improves to do a better job getting the ball, hopefully the hesitation will be gone naturally.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

ACL1/bigballerj:- "The Truth often comes from the mouth of Babes"!! Between the two of you you are painting the complete picture.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I want whatever you guys are smoking.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Look up the word "r****ded" in the dictionary and the URL to this thread is listed...

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ya know, you can say a player sucks and wish that he were traded. You can say Rudy sucks and wish that he were traded. But to theorize that Rudy and/or any of the players are intentionally throwing games for no good reason, is so disrespectful and idiotic. :mad:

PS - this is the 1st time ive ever posted a "mad" icon in one of my posts. :(

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The funny thing is, people have taken this thread seriously. Its scary to think people actually would take this seriously. I hope some of you guys aren't procreating.

12. sydmill

sydmill Member

You guys are R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D (especially Yetti). I highly doubt that Steve is jealous of Ming or that either Steve or Mobes want Rudy gone.

Point 1-Rudy lets Steve and Cat do what they want for the most part, why risk getting an ******* coach?

Point 2-Steve is an all-star and a hot commodity on the endorsement scene. Also, why be jealous of a man who has relinquished 50% of his income to a gov that doesn't do a thing for him?

Point 3-Get out of Yao's jock, the guy is real, real good but he deserves part of the blame for the problems we are having

Point 4-you guys dont know what your talking about (probably the most important of the 4)

13. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Sydmill, you're sig says it all

The Steve and Cuttino show was last year. The sooner they realize it's no longer their show the better off this team will be. Don't get me wrong SF and Cat are good players, but they can't be your #1 and #2 option on a championship team.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This thread is supposed to be sarcastic. Don't you people get it?:rolleyes:

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL! Yetti has to have some sort of help in coming up with his dumb ass ideas and quotes and what not. Because no one single person can be this stupid.

16. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Point 1 - Letting Steve and Cat do whatever they want is whats got the Rox in this predicament

Point 2 - Allthough Steve is an allstar w/endorsements, he realizes in 2-3 years (maybe sooner) Yao will be bigger than Steve will ever be and will be overshadowed.

Point 3 - Yao does indeed deserve some of the blame. However, his % of the blame should be smaller than anyone else's

Point 4 - No comment

Don't want to get in a flame war so lets agree to disagree

17. sydmill

sydmill Member

Easy - it is getting harder and harder to tell serious from sarcastic on this board. With so many people spitting such ridiculous stuff regarding Steve and Cat it wouldn't surprise me at all if none of these cats were joking.

18. Sane

Sane Member

It's true. Sometimes I find myself at a loss trying to root for our team the way Yetti roots for Ming.

19. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

What's next? Rudy T. pulls a Peter Rose? You guys are really entertaining. :cool: :D

20. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

sad........No Comment.