1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are championships won in November?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the big E, Nov 9, 2008.

1. the big E

the big E Contributing Member

Last time I checked they weren't. The Rockets will be fine. Drama queens flame on! :)

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

No they won't. There are no more excuses, I mean really no more. We better start playing because so far with Tracy McLazy and Yao 'soft' Ming we ain't going NOWHERE. Ron is not better.

3. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Well I still would like to see the rockets compete. Brooks was supposed to be out 3 weeks but look at him scoring, taking charges, hard fouls he hasn't given up...but look at T-Mac laughing and **** like he just doesn't give a ****.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Dude I agree 100% with you, but something looks wrong with the Rockets.

Yao looks TIRED, Tmac looks Lazy, and the Rockets look pretty lifeless on the offensive end when Yao sits down.

I am a little worried. I don't mind the losses, but it looks like we aren't even trying...

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No point truer.

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

We might not be. T-Mac is supposedly sick and Yao has been in a funk either mentally or physically. We're also playing the most stacked team in the league. Either way, we have a long ways to go. The 3-0 start spoiled us...

7. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It's too much negativity on this board,these same bandwagon fans said the same thing last season before we went on to win 22 in a row. Yall need to go sign up on the lakers board or some other team

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Did Boston ever get blown out by 20+ last year?

In both the NBA and NCAA, you separate the wheat from the chaff not by looking at wins and losses, but by HOW they win and how they lose. In the NCAAs, it's basically a guillotine to your championship hopes to lose by 20+ to anyone at any time in the year. In the NBA there is a little more flexibility due to injuries and schedule, but Boston never lost by 20+ last year and I'd bet the champions of the past also demonstrated a similar trend.

This loss has really hurt our chances in my opinion. Our other losses were close ones, good losses. This loss forces me to reevaluate the mettle of our team.

9. the big E

the big E Contributing Member

I agree we played like rubbish, but the Lakers haven't played since Wednesday against the Clippers none the less. We looked very sluggish with our passing, movement and intensity. I think the Lakers are further along than us, at least right now. I have no doubt we will get way better. GO ROX!

10. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

The lakers have been resting all week,We played a overtime game in portland with a heart breaking loss we then went to LA and played the next night and then 1 day rest and playing today again 3 games 4 nights.We played 24 minutes and ran out of gas,We need shane back,deke and everything will balance out.

11. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

We are missing our back up center and our starting small forward we aren't all the way healthy.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Indiana 95, Boston 79
    November, 1, 2008

Bad timing?

Not 20+, but still, good teams have bad games.

13. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Preparations are done before May like November.. October.. :eek:

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah way to not say anything at all. I mentioned that Boston never got beat by 20+ last year. That means I checked their schedule last year first. If I stick my foot in my mouth I'll call myself on it.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I'm willing to bet that the plenty of teams that won a ring in a particular year lost by 20+ at least once that same year.

What an utterly pointless argument.

16. singaporet-mac

championshiips are not won in november but the roads to championships starts in november

The rockets team have to prove it to us and themself tat they can realli do it and our BIG 3 is nnot jus on paper but on court too

17. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

good point. Say Doh to the Big Ediot.

18. jedicro

jedicro Member

Baseball championships will be next year. WTF is taht?

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

no but terrible basketball is still terrible basketball in November.

20. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Tmac looks like that every year, and every year he plays good in playoffs... He's tired of doing good RSs for nothing, he looks simply not motivated for this games. No excuses to play walking anyway, but is like that, and I know he'll be ready for playoffs ahead of everyone.

You all need to calm down, Lakers could start playoffs tomorrow and they would go to the finals 12-0. Intensity and cohesion makes the difference now. We were in negative record las year until january, remember. This is soooooooooo long. We'll be better (like Spurs f.e.).

But one thing we need is to sign a backup center. We're ridiculously undersized.