1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apologies to .net staff

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Mulder, Mar 7, 2000.

1. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I had to go against my own preaching today to prove a point. About a month ago during a discussion about that other Rockets site, I said that the way to get rid of them was not to visit them and they would eventually go away on their own. Well I had to go against that today to prove a point to a fellow hoops fan. We were discussing the best sports sites on the web and he happened to mention a Rivals site. I naturally replied that they were wanna-be's, so on and so forth. He just didn't believe me so I had to prove it to him. We went to Clutchcity.com looked at the features, etc. Then I showed him our pride and joy in a separate window. We compared front pages, bbs/message boards, etc. He got the point and is now a reader of clutchcity.net. Like I said I don't like to frequent that other site but at least for that one hit over there, the net will get lots more.
    Keep up the good work guys, I love this page. [​IMG]
    -MULDER

------------------
    The truth is out there.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Did you see that article in ESPN the Magazine about Rivals.COM? Some player, I forget who, refused to sign over his web site to them. He said basically what we've been saying all along. Check it out. It was a recent issue that I happened to read while at CVS.

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Any web links to that article? Couldn't find it on espn web pages...

------------------
    The truth is out there.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I only saw it in the hardcopy form of ESPN MAGAZINE. I'm not even sure who was on cover, but it was recent. That much I know.

5. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

That's OK, Mulder, nothing wrong with charity views. [​IMG]

The player in question was C.J. Nitkowski... I haven't been to his site, but it comes highly recommended by some friends of mine. His reasons for not signing with Rivals were understandable-- didn't want to lose the originality of his site.

Overall, though, Rivals can be a great network for sites that have dedicated, talented webmasters. The template's not the prettiest thing to look at, but I think most of the criticisms of Rivals should in actuality be directed at the webmasters for their individual sites.

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited March 07, 2000).]

6. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

CJ has a great site. Go visit it @:
    http://www.cjbaseball.com/

CJ does all of the HTMLing and content himself. He also has pictures from Tiger Stadium on his site.

Rob

------------------
    visit my website @ http://members.xoom.com/bayoucitybob/

Formerly Known as "Rob in Spring"

[This message has been edited by Robert Snyder (edited March 07, 2000).]

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Thanks Rob!!!! That is an awesome site!!!

Here is a cool site to check out: http://www.athletenow.com/

------------------
    If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?--Steven Wright

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited March 08, 2000).]