1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AP: Jumaine Jones to Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Jul 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

Jumaine Jones was traded to Boston for J.R. Bremer and Bruno Sundov. There goes another potential SF for the rockets.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

:confused:

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

chirp
    chirp

4. Genuine

Genuine Member

Really?
    Wheres link?

5. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

6. SLA

SLA Member

I CARE. Thanks for the info.

Well this is surprising because JR Bremer was doing very good in the summer leagues and in the NBA! He was a nice undrafted surprise....

And they already have Eric Williams at small forward...why get Jumaine Jones??

For the Cavs..uhh...they really have a lot of young talent...maybe too much...Bremer won't get much playing time behind Lebron and Dajuan and Kevin Ollie?

7. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

Good deal for Celtics.

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Great deal for Celtics who get much needed athleticism. I think this trade means the Cavs aren't sure if Lebron can play the point consistently.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Doesn't Walter McCarty play a lot of SF for the Celts (with Pierce at SG and Walker at PF)? Maybe they're not bringing Wal-tah back. If still unsigned, McCarty would be a good Rox pickup. He should be in the same price range as Terence Morris but with more skills.

I guess Ainge didn't like Bremers game. :confused:

10. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I'm pretty sure the Celtics resigned Walter. They'll probably use him more at pf where he will have an easier time guarding larger and slower players.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They resigned WMc.

Best was supposed to sign and mentor, but deal fell apart, if I recall.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Boston now does have a logjam at SF (Williams, Walter [signed a couple weeks ago], & Jones) but Jones is much younger so it makes sense long term. I don't know who Boston has for guards other than Pierce now--I thought they would be counting on Bremer.

I wonder is Williams will be available for not too much--he would be OK if we lose Posey. How about Cato for Williams and Blount in mid-December? Boston immediately addresses their key weaknesses--interior defense and rebouding, and we get a servicable SF and suitable (not as good as Cato but young, cheaper, and not terrible) back-up C.