1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone use Kodi?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Does it give you an option to do a security exception?

2. cebu

cebu Member

certificate issue solved by itself.. paid for one month but when i got to member's page, i got thiss error.

Error 404 - Not Found

The requested page could not be found but may be available again in the future

3. glad_ken

Is it working now? Its working for me. Did you get an email after you signed up from BobbyRockShow? The email will have links to download the addon and some additional information. You could also try sportsaccess dot se. Its their alternative site.

1 person likes this.
  4. cebu

cebu Member

works now. thanks.

i don't see PPV for UFC?

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hey guys so my dad has the Roku box, its really terrible and always cuts off and he is paying $25 a month for it and all it does is feed from his internet.

His friend has the amazon firestick and he said he only paid once for it, has great speed and quality.

I know Kodi is what will be used on the firestick but i also saw you need to be a prime member?

Should i keep him on the Roku or change it for him?

6. Nero

Nero Member

What is he paying $25/month for on a Roku??

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Thats the price for monthly service

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Roku has no monthly service.

He must have subscribed to something through an app on roku

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And Roku has been pretty unusable lately.

Hard to find a stream and then it crashes

10. Nero

Nero Member

You mean Kodi right?

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Your right, hes subscribed to sling tv.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Thanks to this thread, I've been using Kodi for a few weeks now. When it's working well, it's awesome. Every tv show and movie I'd ever care to watch. But I'm also having problems with it. I'd love to cut the U-verse TV cord, but Kodi isn't reliable enough yet. Maybe some of you can help me optimize the experience...

The biggest frustrations are that I often can't seem to find a working stream for popular shows, and it's also very often that a stream won't play without buffering that takes many, many minutes. It kinda renders Kodi unusable.

I'm running Isengard on an Amazon Fire stick. I'm getting download speeds of 22.6 Mbps according to ATT's speed test. I clear the app's cache regularly. I did recently get a new U-verse Gateway, and my wireless Internet has seemed a little spotty since then. I'd like to be able to count on using Kodi whenever I want, but right now I'm kind of at its mercy as to when it will be able to properly stream stuff.

What can I change to make Kodi more reliable, consistent and awesome?

13. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

No advice here as far as settings or anything. I will just tell you that you are not alone. Kodi streams are very much ymmv as far as I can tell from not only personal experience but observing other forums and chats as well. Some sources just suck. As an example I tried to watch some mission impossible movie one day and it kept hanging. Well, about three weeks later I upgraded my router and I am getting 350mps dl speeds. So I tried the same source again, but it hung in the exact same spot.

I love it for sports and it's great for about 60% of the random shows and movies I try, but if I'm in the mood to have a solid movie/ tv experience it is not my first choice.

1 person likes this.
  14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yes, what Donut said.

You get what you pay for. Half the time you have to do some hunting. Sometimes you find a good stream quickly, other times it takes more time than it's worth, and sometimes you realize it doesn't exist.

To compound the situation, what you thought was a good source might not be any good one month later. The situation is fluid, as one brilliant reporter said.

So don't always assume there's an issue on your end, there's a 50/50 chance it's from the streamer.

1 person likes this.
  15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Thanks dudes. Good feedback. Kodi is a beautiful b*stard, regardless of the issues.

16. dragician

dragician Member

I tried this but they don't accept CC anymore only BitCoin.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

He should check with his internet provider to see what bandwith package he has. Sling works fine on xfinity 50mbps internet package.

18. glad_ken

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. Its easy to set up a BC account at coinbase.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I just heard about this paid add-on that it supposed to solve the buffering problems for a number of popular add-ons. I haven't tried it but thought I'd share.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/debrid-resolvers/

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The Beast add on is free and has it all