1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone use Kodi?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

2. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

So I tried to create an account and this is the message I got:

The current user account limit (40000) has been reached. Account creation has been suspended for the time being, please check back again later... :(

This sucks

3. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

I used kodi awhile back but have been using plex to media stream lately, but i was wondering if anyone has any good quality streams for live events like boxing. I keep seing on facebook about people selling these amazon fire sticks jailbroken with apps to stream the fights, and it seems they work good. Im guessing they are just using kodi once its jailbroken but not for sure. Anybody know how they are doing it?

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd like a similar suggestion for add-ons for live TV. Things such as sports, cable networks, etc. where I can choose a channel and play it. I have the stock TV Addons for Kodi on my Amazon Fire Stick which includes Genesis, 1Channel, Project Free TV, Stream All The Sources, Phoenix, etc. but the only one I know how to use is Genesis which works maybe half the time.

I'll try installing some of those that I am the Donut suggested.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Is Gorilla Streams HD? High quality streams for UFC is my main interest. I've installed the UFC add-on from fusion repo, but I'm not sure if it'll stream ppv the way it says it does. The archive is great quality.

Still haven't found WWE stuff either. NXT and Ppv are the only things worth watching from what I hear.

I'm liking Phoenix for HD recent movies. The worst you'll put up with is Asian language subtitles. That's not all of them though. The one source in Phoenix with the Rottweiler icon is the best categorized.

6. I am a Donut

I have found a lot of hq streams on Gorilla, but outside of acestreams I rarely find live tv in true hd.

Kodi add-ons frequently go neglected and new ones pop up. I think the best way to use kodi is to have a handful of go-to add-ons that you can cycle through when you're ready to watch, and try to keep up with what's new. What works great today may be lousy tomorrow then be great the next day.

And I'll mention again, anything that plays acestreams sources should be the first try for any live tv if you can get it running on your setup. P2P streams was terrific while it worked on my pi. I hope I can find another way soon.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Anyone know how to get NFL games on Kodi? I can't find a good Add-on for that.

8. I am a Donut

I haven't looked for any yet this year, but there are a number of ideas on this blog post. Let us know if you find any good sources.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

bump

was introduced to this over the weekend, I've heard of it back when it was known as XBMC but never really looked into it till now

Pretty easy setup after just a few Google searches and Wiki how-to

Installed it on my Amazon Fire Stick since it was 3rd preference after my Roku Stick and Chromecast, it's pretty freaking sweet

Any app suggestions? I installed Addon Installer, Genesis, 1Channel, Sports Devil, Phoenix, along with my BallStreams subscription

any suggestions on Android HDMI sticks? looking to get one, set it up for my parents. I see preferred specs are Quadcore Processor/2GB RAM/8GB with the sub $50 good enough to view

#29 Dave2000, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I might have to test this out whenever I get the chance.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

read up on it, a few hours on the Kodi's Wiki How To pages is all you need

it is a must for Movie/TV Watchers, I'm still not convinced it can replace your satellite/cable since the Live streaming channels are a hit/miss

12. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Live streaming is really only necessary for sports. Everything else can be automated for local storage using either Usenet and/or torrents and tools like sonarr or sickbeard for TV and couchpotato for movies.

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

For me Kodi is good for tv shows and live sports and international TV

TV shows that are ripped and available are mostly all the same quality and file size so variation isn't huge. More times than not you're going to get a good HD quality stream.

MOvies on the other hand are a crapshoot. Normally I download my movies in 8gb+ file sizes and it seems a lot of the movies I try to stream on Kodi are of much lesser quality.

NFL network is usually a good quality stream. Most of the basketball games I've seen are solid streams but of lesser quality but it's better than not watching at all.

International channels seem to be solid, but too bad it's too complicated for me to show my inlaws how to access those viet channels. Right now it's not enough for me to dump my Hulu but if I ever lost my Verizon NFL Network access, I'd be watching the Thursday night games off of Kodi.

14. Nero

Nero Member

Where are you finding NFL Network and NBA Network on there? There are just so many places to look, I don't even know where to begin. Also, is RedZone on there as well?

Oh and trying to find a way to catch Ash vs Evil Dead on there, but I haven't had time to look yet.. if anyone can point in the right direction on those, that would be awesome :)

Thanks guys

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I installed the "beast" for Kodi. It sets up some nice add-ons by default. NFL was under Live TV as well as the NBA streams.

16. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Those of you using Kodi on a thumb stick device like a fire stick, if you do any streaming from your own movie collection from HD files you might not have enough power. If you enjoy the application, but want a little more beef I suggest you buy the Ouya gaming device. It's $100 bucks, but it's the best device out there you can get to run Kodi on as far as bang for your buck. With the added bonus of having a nice device to play roms on.

Also for any Kodi android users Yatse is an excellent remote control to use from your phone or tablet. I'm not sure if it's available for iOs.

17. I am a Donut

DexterTV still doing pretty good for live sports. Nicely organized folders, including the TSN channels, which is like the Canadian ESPN. They show many of the live events that ESPN is showing like MNF. I watched the Rox/GS game there. Red Zone, NFL Net, NBA TV, etc. too.

Also, Plexus + P2PSport had been good. Every international sports channel you could think of (Ukrainian tennis channel!? Yes, please.) in HQ in those lists. Inside the P2PSport add on is roja something or other list that is good for a lot of events.

Sky Sports is easy to find HQ streams of, and they show several NFL games every Sunday and MNF as well. My next goal is to find network tv feeds from several different regions of the country, and I will have NFL covered.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I like Dexter too for all things in general. Unfortunately my favorite part, 24/7 reruns of shows (Workaholics specifically), is down for now.

Is anyone concerned about using P2P sources in Kodi for sports? I'm a little worried about being flagged by my ISP. I don't think there is as much priority for catching people streaming sports as much as movies/TV but I just want to be safe.

19. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

How did you install Ballstreams on the Fire Stick?

I installed Kodi using the ES File Manager, which didn't require a PC and took less than 10 minutes. All I've used so far is Genesis, which is AWESOME!

20. I am a Donut

I use a vpn from private internet access. It works on open elec on the pi, but I'm not sure about other setups. Would work on Windows, obviously.