1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Switch from iOS to Android?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yobod, Oct 4, 2012.

1. yobod

yobod Member

I'm currently using the iPhone 4, and have had iPhone since 2007. I'm up for contract renewal with AT&T but the iPhone 5 doesn't really interest me. I'm looking for a difference experience. I'm considering renewing for the Samsung Galaxy S3 with the latest Android OS in Jelly Bean. Has anyone made the switch from iOS to Android? I'm looking forward to the screen size and customize-ability.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qok67aaFbBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yep, I did last year and never looked back.

3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I just switched over recently to the G.S 3 and i have no complaints. The phone has more features and has a lot more customization. I had my iPhone for 2 years and eventually got bored of it because its so simple but i don't think i can go back. The screen is amazing on the G.S3 and now anytime i look at the iPhone screen i feel like im looking at an old flip phone. I cant really compare it to the 5 though because i haven't seen it in person.

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

I'm actually about to do this same change too from an iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3, mainly because of the amount of memory available. Had iPhone 5 came out with a 128GB phone I would have picked that up immediately.

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I switched last year and I've got a Galaxy S2. The customization and larger screen size were also big draws for me. Honestly you probably can't go wrong with either phone, but I'm very happy with my decision.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would look into the HTC one x+ coming out real soon. The HD LCD 2 display is considered the best mobile display out there plus it will release with jellybean and a quad core 1.7 GHz processor. The one series also has a premium feel to it while the s3 just feels cheap in the hand. But if you are even more patient wait a few months when the next line of nexus is released or announced because that will be the ultimate android experience.

7. fchowd0311

Sorry didn't mean to quote the video over again.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Samsung S3 is way to big. You guys wear pursues? M. Jordan Jeans?

How can you fit that thing in your pocket?

Seriously the 5 is too big IMO as well.

Rather get a tablet than a phone then.

9. fchowd0311

Troll post or do you wear skinny jeans.... I can fit a galaxy note in my pocket easily wearing regular jeans and that thing has a 5 inch screen.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FIXED. :eek: And
    THAT's WHAT SHE SAID! :grin:

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I bought a Nexus 7 instead. Great little tablet, but it more than satisfied the urge to 'try something different'. i found i can only tinker with home screens and launchers and widgets so many times before losing interest. That was really the only benefit that stood out, so my desire to try Android on a phone dropped.

Really, for a real change of pace Windows Phone would interest me more.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm getting the GS3 on blackfriday. Can't freaking wait!

13. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Kids these days and their skinny jeans. :rolleyes:

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

switched from iPhone to Google G1 back in 2009? Android abuser ever since

15. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

It's funny because that was my number one concern, but it actually fits better in my jeans pocket because it's a lot slimmer and lighter.

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YwwJ8kgmcdc?list=UUO_vmeInQm5Z6dEZ6R5Kk0A&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I switched in December 2011, and have LOVED Android. I'm one of those guys who likes to tweak the OS, skin everything, unlock/jailbreak/root etc. Android is GREAT for that. But if you want a turn-key phone with a great end-user experience, you can get that too. Android offer the best of both worlds.

I now have an Android phone, two Android tablets (Transformer Infinity for personal use and Nexus 7 for my classroom), all running JellyBean, and they all rock.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I switched in 2010, and honestly, I'd rather go back to iOS.

Android is fine, and the customization is great, but it's just not nearly as fluid or stable as iOS.

iOS, to my knowledge, still works pretty well with most google applications, which I use far more frequently than Apple stuff. So unless they broke that functionality, I'm planning on switching back.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Google Maps is broke on iOS6.

What I prefer more about the iphone is the hardware. Looks great, good battery life, great screen, great camera.

20. HombreDeHierro

apple hardware is better

no cheap plastic

apple software is better. so fluid.

yes i switched to the gs3 for 2 months and then went back

1 person likes this.