1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Go Through a Divorce?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ThrillaNManilla, Jan 18, 2024.

1. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Has anyone gone through a divorce? My wife left me because she is no longer in love with me. She is still the love of my life, so it has not been easy. Luckily, we do not have any kids, unless you are a weirdo like me who counts dogs as kids. Not looking for sympathy or anything like that rather how did you handle it? Any suggestions?

Appreciate it.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Deepest sympathies OP, sorry you have to go through such an experience.

Andre0087, ROCKSS, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

How long were you together?

Only thing that helps is time. Move on. Look forward. You will notice each day gets better and you think about the situation less and less.

ryan_98 likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

****, sorry bro.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yes I have been through a divorce, actually twice and to the same woman. Everybody is different and there are some people who always have to have someone in their lives - they can’t be alone. Luckily, I don’t feel that way. I have plenty of things to keep me busy.

Op - I am sorry that you are going through this - I would suggest that you figure out what you want out of your life. If having someone in your life is important, then get out on the dating scene. If not, focus on your hobbies and the things that make YOU happy.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

sorry to hear about your situation breh. i know a few people in my environment who went thru divorce and it has made me not want to marry when i get older. i don't have much to say since i'm a forever alone. at least the rox are doing well and green is a superstar, we can turn our attention to that.

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

That sucks. Maybe better you didn't have kids, easier to move on otherwise she may stick in it for that reason alone and you'll be in misery. Hindsight.

8. Manny Ramirez

Yes be glad that no kids are involved - I get to see my 15 year old son once a month and that’s it.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I have not been through a divorce because it would be a financial catastrophe. The thought of losing my vast wealth motivates me to reconcile any differences.

Focus on yourself, King. Stay active -- get involved in activities. Get in great shape. Invest in clothing that projects class. Get your bread up. You will upgrade in no time.

K mf G, IBTL, AroundTheWorld and 6 others like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry to hear this, but you will put it in the rearview mirror someday. Just don't beat yourself up, b/c plenty of us go through a divorce.

My advice: if at all possible, try to work, with your soon-to-be ex, via a paralegal. This will be immensely better for both of you if you can avoid fully lawyering up and going after one another, because in the battle royale, only the lawyers tend to win.

In my starter marriage, we had a paralegal draw everything up in our split and were both very happy about it, versus an expensive battle in court.

From what you're describing though, she may have lawyered up already.

ROCKSS and Jontro like this.
  11. B-Bob

Damn man. I'm sad to read that, though I'm sure you've found peace with it.
    At least at 15, he can soon make his own decisions about who he spends some time with. Take care.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't know if this is appropriate where you are right now, but it's damn interesting and you are not alone.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve not been through a divorce but went through a breakup with a woman who I lived with for a few years. Looking back I’m glad we didn’t get married and deal with all the legal stuff.

I don’t have any good advice for you but hope things work out for you.

Invisible Fan and ROCKSS like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry to hear this OP, I don't really have anything to add other than to hope you can keep your spirits up and that things improve quickly for you

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I got divorced and we had a mediator, we had a list of what each other was going to take down to our 2 dogs and it was fairly painless............but dam, emotionally it was hard, it`s going to take time, as others have said, stay busy or you will dwell on the "what if`s", I had a moment of weakness and tried to get back with her and that was a huge mistake, you broke up for a reason. So sorry dude, I wouldn't wish that emotional roller coaster on anyone.

Invisible Fan and rocketsjudoka like this.
  16. Manny Ramirez

It’s been hard and it has almost destroyed my parents but I talk to him or text with him about twice a week. His mother and her family guilt him if he wants to spend more time with me - yea, it’s f*cked up but I think in another year or so, he is going to rebel.

Rocket River and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. B-Bob

Yeah, that her side can't see a way clear to let the boy see his grandparents... doesn't speak well of her. But I'm glad to hear you maintain some contact.

Meanwhile, you can totally remove that church choir business if you want! I think that came out of some stupid sig bet we made a long time ago, haha.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

OP, sorry to hear this. My only advice is do not be Bill Dauterive. Get yourself together, see a therapist if needed, and enjoy life. This is a bump in the road, it sucks, but you'll survive and be better for it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Never been through a divorce myself - I tell my wife that if she ever leaves, I'm coming with her - but my parents divorced when I was very young. I have no memories of them ever being together. It really sucks for the kids.

I read somewhere that a divorce is similar to a death in the family emotionally, so it's nothing to take lightly. Sorry for anyone going through it or anyone that's been through it.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Manny Ramirez

I actually have grown to love it so no plans of removing it any time soon!

B-Bob likes this.