1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone from Alief?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3fingeredgus, Aug 9, 2001.

1. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Just curious- Anybody go to high school at Hastings or Elsik? If so, what year did you graduate? I am class of '93 and would have graduated from Hastings, but I moved up to Washington State.

2. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

I live in Alief. I went to Killough Middle School. In the "draft" I was selected to go to Hastings North. But there were two stabbings my 8th grade year and my parent didn't feel comfortable sending me to the high school so I went to a private school instead.

3. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

I also went to Killough M.S. Go Eagles (just kidding). What years were you there. I think I would have been there from '86-89... I was drafted to go to Elsik South, but my older bro, Chris, went to Hastings North, so I had the option. I used to live behind Synott/Bellaire intersection on Cado Lake Lane (not sure of the spelling now), but that was 10 years ago.

My name's Jeff Garay btw... It's kind of cool to meet someone from my home suburb...

If you don't want to deal w/ posting, etc. feel free to email me back at jgaray@chmc.org. I'd be interested to know if you were at Killough the same years as me...

4. red

red Contributing Member

born and raised in alief...cha cha cha...went to hastings class of 96 and i now live in seattle...alief will always be my first home but f that place...last time i went back to visit some thugs broke into my car and stole about $2000 worth of stereo stuff and clothes...so i dont think ill be visiting any time soon...good ridance...

5. tozai

tozai Member

what school, EddieGriffin?

6. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Chancellor Elementary
    Alief Middle School
    Elsik High School class of 90

Grew up in Alief, now I wouldn't go there after dark. I do not even recognize Bellaire from Synott to Sharpstown.

7. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

3 Finger,
    I went to Killough from '91-'92 to '93-'94. One year ahead of Rashard Lewis. I probably played ball with him at one time or another.

Tozai,
    I went to high school for 2 years at St. Thomas (the Catholic one), went to school overseas for a semester, then came back and went to Northwest Academy (now Houston Christian HS)

I've been living in Alief since I moved to Houston in '89 (born here, grew up in Bay City) and I'll be here at least a few more until I get out of college.

8. freeflowin'

freeflowin' Member

yeah, i went to killough, too, then elsik. graduated '97, just got back to houston this year after a stint up north. can't wait to see a rox game live again!

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I started at Rees Elementary (before my Rocket watching days)

By the way, I blame my parents for not making watch the Rockets. I started watching the Rockets, at the tail end of fifth grade.

Then Albright Middle School (Rockets glory years)

The "draft" had me headed to Alief Hastings, where I graduated in 1999

JBIIROCKETS

10. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

born and raised Alief...

Killough as well (a lot of us eh?)
    Elsik, graduated 2000

And I know the common feeling is that Alief has changed for the worse through the years, and I'll agree to that for the most part... and I also see it as home.

When i'm away from college or what not, I assure you that I genuinely miss the laid back nature and diversity of alief.

11. huypham

hey 3fingeredgus!

You lived a street away from me! I'm on Cabrina.

12. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

what a small world, guys? I guess it's not that weird that a few posters on a Rockets chat board would have lived in the same neighborhood or gone to the same school, but it seems cool to me since I am now living in Seattle.

13. red

red Contributing Member

i live in seattle now too...we should meet for a sonics-rockets game and paint our faces...representing alief and houston...

ps...does anyone else get pissed when refering to reshard lewis they say uh-leaf high school...

14. red

red Contributing Member

i live in seattle now too...we should meet for a sonics-rockets game and paint our faces...representing alief and houston...

ps...does anyone else get pissed when refering to reshard lewis they say uh-leaf high school...

3fingerdingus are u in the yearbook for hastings...i think i have a 92-93 yearbook at home. my sister graduated from hasting in 93...this couldnt be jaime could it...???

15. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Hey Red,

That would be tight. I'm all over going to all the Rockets games up here! My Dad works down near Portland and his boss has Blazer Season tickets so I'll get to at least one game down there too..

I was about to ask if you knew my older bro, but I realized you were class of '96 from Hastings (I thought that was college grad date before for some reason)...

Anyway, I'd be down to hook it up in Sea-town at some point.

16. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Red,

You sure we shouldn't paint Killough Eagles on our faces? and maybe wear all black&gold?

17. huypham

pssssh... Killough was BLUE AND GOLD.... Good old pod system..

huy

18. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

pssssh... Killough was BLUE AND GOLD.... Good old pod system..

You're right.. I guess I wasn't very clear.. I meant Killough Eagles on our faces and the black and gold was for the Hastings colors...

19. red

red Contributing Member

negative on the killough colors cause i went to holub...but most deffenentlly remeber to contat each other here so we can buy some rockets-sonics tickets...

20. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Red,

Can I get your email addy? mine is jgaray@chmc.org...

For some reason I thought you went to Killough also, but I guess I was wrong about dat..

Shoot me a line sometime.. I'd be interested to know if you enjoy the finer herbs that the west coast has to offer?