1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else excited?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I mean I'm REALLY excited to see how we play now. Our lineups are going to be crazy flexible and fascinating to watch.

We could throw out so many different combos to switch everything on perimeter. Covington adds a TON of possibilities.

What lineups are you looking forward to seeing?

For me it's:

Westbrook - Gordon - Thabo - Covington - Caboclo

2. AstrosRockets1818

For the season to end already

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ready to see how it goes down

Rocket River

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

Lawlruschang, Roomba, whozee and 14 others like this.
  5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

hahahaha fkkkkkk

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

LOLLLL as much as I think not having Capela anymore is pretty crazy, I’m lowkey excited for a little change. All I’m thinking is that Westbrook and Harden will have a field day running up and down the court with more of a spotlight on Westbrook since he should be playing bully run ball down the court as much as possible!

Lawlruschang, Tfor3 and smp like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I am excited. Even if we're not contenders this year with a little luck we could be next year if we can get a couple pieces.

I think caboclo is a very underrated piece. When we build a lead with our all offense lineup and need to protect it, its probably better to have him
    in there over house and benmac. he can guard the taller wings and 3 point shooting centers better.

we still have Eric Gordon to flip this summer if necessary, not that I want it to happen.

getting rid of capela for Covington was a huge trade for us IMO. he's a key building block,

I am all in for going small and just trying to run their bigs off the floor and out shoot them. I think it can be done.

bmd likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Temper your excitement young son.

Basically it is the 8 man small ball rotation from the last few games, but Covington will play where Sefolosha used to - (with some readjustment of minutes so that Covington plays 30+)
    The end.

Stranger things have happened - buuut....

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lets shock the world.

Bo6, Tfor3, Patience and 2 others like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm interested to see how the small ball experiment works. i will give the rockets one thing ...they are one of the most innovative teams in the league. i do think adding another shooting threat at the 3 that also plays great D will improve our team. But i'm still not over the fact that we didn't do more. i don't think we did enough to put ourselves in real contention for a championship. We stopped short. i think we needed to keep making some changes but instead we clearly opted to dodge the tax. I just don't think that's defensible given where we are in James and Russ' careers. And it's clear we have no more assets as a result of years of pawning off picks to drop salary.

But i'm of course rooting for the Rockets to succeed and i hope for the best.

malakas likes this.
  11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm excited. fkn the haters.

Bo6, Tfor3, ElDobleK and 3 others like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm excited. I've put my feelings out there about how I feel about this group. If we fail, so be it. I believe in this group though.

Tfor3 and TheRealAllpro like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Shillman's son in for the damage control.

the11mingdynasty and malakas like this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Not really. I’d like to be, and I’m curious to see how it plays out, but my gut tells me that this is a stupid gimmick that’s never going to work in the NBA. I do hope that I’m wrong!

15. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I am excited.

This excitement will probably last two games and turn to rage.

Bo6, mikol13, hibbetts and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I had to steal that meme... actually made me feel a little bit better but I'm still highly disappointed.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

im looking forward to it

PJ-Cov-Harden-EG-Russ

mixed in with rivers, house, bmac, bruno. and what remains to be seen with thabo, chandler, and IHart

some of us have echoed this plenty of times

Tfor3 and RCPM like this.
  18. lionaire

lionaire Member

I like that we can now play a decent sized small-ball lineup with Russ-Harden-House-Covington-PJ.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

I actually am and I’d sign Abdul-Rauf at age 50 just to make us the crazy wild team everyone wants to watch. I’m not kidding, he could get some shots up for 5 minutes every half since we’re going all threes! I really want to see it now, this all out small ball. Let’s break records and have some fun. Bonus: it would piss off a lot of “journalists”!!!

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I wouldn't say I am excited. Cautiously curious I suppose. We have really gone in on one way to win. Even if it succeeds the rest of the regular season, the playoffs are a different thing. We wont really know until then whether this move was brilliant or a blunder.