1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone else enjoying watching the spurs suck as much as i am?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by verse, Feb 1, 2002.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

4th loss in a row AT HOME. this time to the la clippers. elton brand, olowokandi, and "q" were dominant. dave has had a heart removal. tim's gotta be getting frustrated.

this is priceless...

p.s. february and march are TOUGH schedule months for the spurs. they may not even make the playoffs. seriously.

#1 verse, Feb 1, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2002
  2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I love seeing any NBA team get beat except for the beloved Houston Rockets. :)

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What are you talking about, they'll beat the Lakers in 4 or 5...even if they don't make the playoffs.

4. Band Geek Mobster

Don't you have to have a heart in order for it to be removed?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Oh hell freakin yeah I enjoy the Spurs SUCKING! :mad:

Now they might have to start worrying about beating the Clippers instead of the Lakers! :D

6. haven

haven Member

So, who wins the next Tim Duncan sweepstakes?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys just don't understand. Bruce Bowen is the key on this team. He has just been a little out of it, getting used to his new team. But as soon as he starts putting up the 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks a game that we all know he can, the Spurs will be fine.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Spurs will be the West's top seeded team... as Pop said at the beginning of the season, it takes a while for the players to play well together. For the Spurs realistically to not make the playoffs, they'd have to go about 11-27 the rest of the season. If you think that will happen, you're seriously delusional.

And by the way, four straight losses at home still isn't as bad as five consecutive losses to last place teams (the Bulls, Heat, Grizzlies, Nuggets, Warriors). The Spurs aren't playing well right now, but guess what? Neither are the Lakers, and that's all I care about right now.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Spurs will be lucky to be a top 4 seed in the West.

They are not as good as last year, because DRob just stinks. Last year, he was still a very solid player. This year, he's so bad that Pop doesn't play DRob in crunch time.

Down the stretch, the Spurs don't have a lineup they can rely on, like the Rockets.

The last 2 games I've seen of them, Terry Porter was the guy who was shooting the game winning/tying shots. 1 of them was a miserable airball, and the other had no shot of going in.

Bowen is a great defensive SF, I give him that. But the Spurs lack a good PG. Tony Parker is good for his age, but he's very below average at this point.

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Blasphemer!! How dare you besmirch the chosen one....the messiah....the Jesus of point guards:p

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yeah.....and we are delusional. :rolleyes:

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

Spurs schedule over Feb/Mar:

FEB:

2/1 @ Miami (W)
    2/3 @ Orlando (L)
    2/4 Minnesota (L)
    2/7 @ Toronto (?)
    2/12 @ Sacramento (L)
    2/14 @ LA Clippers (L)
    2/15 @ Golden State (W)
    2/19 Memphis (W)
    2/21 Sacramento (L)
    2/23 Minnesota (L)
    2/24 @ Phoenix (L)
    2/26 Phoenix (W)
    2/28 @ Cleveland (W)

MAR

3/1 @ Minnesota (L)
    3/3 @ New York (W)
    3/5 Golden State (W)
    3/7 Houston (?)
    3/9 @ Chicago (W)
    3/11 @ Denver (W)
    3/12 Memphis (W)
    3/14 Chicago (W)
    3/16 Boston (L)
    3/20 LA Lakers (L)
    3/21 @ Dallas (L)
    3/23 Miami (W)
    3/25 @ LA Clippers (L)
    3/27 @ Portland (L)
    3/29 @ Seattle (L)
    3/31 @ LA Lakers (L)

MY PREDICTIONS: 12 Wins, 15 Losses, 2 ?s

That would put the spurs at somewhere between 39 to 43 wins and 30 to 34 losses...not far from .500 going into April. and that's assuming they have a healthy roster.

one injury to tim, malik, terry porter, antonio daniels, etc. and they would probably free fall down to the 8th seed or lower....

13. The Cat

The Spurs are about three games out of the top spot in the West. They're about eight games ahead of the final playoff team. Which do you think is more likely? :rolleyes:

BTW, verse, have you not seen this from the Spurs before? Last season they started off relatively slow before going on a huge run to end the season. In the championship season, the Spurs started 6-8. Every team has a slump. You're really stretching it to say it will continue for at least two more months. I'm predicting 20-7.

14. ScreamingRocketJet

Cat

Are you 100% sure your not a Spurs fan at heart??!!:D

15. The Cat

I'm nowhere close to a Spurs fan... I hated them with an absolute passion during the 90s, until they got Tim Duncan. Duncan's always been my favorite player, so I usually cheer for them if they aren't playing the Rockets, but they're really not a big deal to me. I just post a lot about them in this forum because I think everyone is highly overrating the Lakers, and I think the Spurs (along with a couple of other teams) will have a good shot at beating them in the postseason.

16. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where are the spurs if Duncan goes down? Come closer to playoff time, would you be surprised to see some enforcer goons put the hurt on him?

A Pat Riley team would do that but, oh, yeah, Pat's not really close to the playoffs this year :D

Spurs are no threat to the real contenders this year. Any good team can neutralize a one-man attack.

I can't muster the energy to hate on Spock like I could with DRob, though. I feel sorry for the guy. Still, it's good to see DRob take it in the teeth.
    p

17. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Ouch. The Spurs haven't been playing good lately. I'm happy to see it happen though. :D

18. haven

haven Member

Do the Spurs remind anyone else of a late 80's Rockets?

19. Mo Diggity Dawg

Well Verse,

I think that what was said in the off-season about the spurs

" not being able to sign key free agents"

is really being felt right now. This team right now is not even equipped to beat the top teams in the WEST, the EAST, in the NCAA, HIGH SCHOOL ALL- AMERICANS, or a damn 5 foot and under girls basketball team from Thailand.

...yeah

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Too bad that we have to wait until March 7 to play them..