1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Watching?!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

You think Carr will be able to throw on that Eagles defense? I want the texans to do well so i hope you are right. This will clearly be the best defense the Texans will see this year.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When your receivers can't catch passes thrown at their chests, you're wasting his skills.

Wells really impressed me. A lot moreso than Allen. Allen to me seems to to be unable to break through, and is only getting 2-3 yard gains, whereas Wells seems to be able to break off a big run, and drive through the hole for a couple extra yards.

We need a big playmaking receiver that can catch the bullet passes. A tight end would be nice, too.

Maybe once Boselli and Young get back, things will open up.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Maybe. I though QC was going to have a horrible night since he cracks under pressure, but the Eagle D held off most of the time. If they did blitz, QC found an open man. I think the biggest problem was the passes were too short, which is why they failed to put up many points. They could not get any first downs. I think that the WR's will just have to help Carr out. Which from what I've been hearing, they haven't been doing. Actually QC would have had some more yds,comp,etc but the FB, Robert Thomas, and the HB, Michael Wiley, both dropped pretty easy passes. The Wiley one could have been pretty good, because it was a screen and he was pretty open.

I think it all depends on how much time the O-line can give Carr. The Dallas O-line actually looked ok, and that gave Carter some time to find an open man.

(BTW, I hope you guys win!)

4. B

B Contributing Member

Okay, I didn't even think about it that way. I was just looking at pure running talent. I like how Wells seems to be able to get a couple extra yards before he is taken down. Pass protection is important also, but the way I look at is if you can establish a good running game, it opens up things for the QB. I thought Wells should have gotten more carries on first and second down after he showed he was having a great game. We don't have the receivers to use David Carr to his full potential.

B

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Whats with the Banks crap? The only way Banks starts is if Carr goes down with an injury. I know victories are nice but we're trying to develop a QB here...

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I wouldn't let Carr play against the Eagles. You know Andy Reid will send the whole team at David and there is a good chance he will get hurt in this game. Everyone knows that David is the furture of the team but Tony Banks should get the call against a defense like Philly. Its gonna be worst than the San Diego game.