1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Watching?!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Truth

Truth Member

The Texans D is looking good early again. Hopefully the running game will come alive.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yep ..looking a little better than last week but still a lot of stupid mistakes.

whooo nice run by Carr for the 1st

3. DAROckets

Who is # 70 ? ...seems like he was offsides a bunch of times last week too..those ................

woooooo GO WELLS !!!!!!!1

4. Truth

Truth Member

Jeff Posey has been impressive since the preseason, and keeps it going today. WOW.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I WANT TO KILL OUR RECEIVERS.

6. Truth

Truth Member

Naw, maybe strecth their hands to freakish proportions.:mad:

7. B

B Contributing Member

Wells is really impressing me! Why didn't we start this guy to begin with? He seemed to do better than Allen in the preseason games I watched/listened to.

B

8. Truth

Truth Member

Well, it all depends on the OL, if they give either Wells or Allen space they will both look promising.

Good run David!!!

9. Truth

Truth Member

We need to put Jermaine Lewis in at WR. Besides J. Wells our offense is on life support. Maybe Lewis can come in and make a big play.

PS Forget the drop. We need him.

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

He sprained his shoulder and is out for the rest of the game.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I don't get the offense. Clearly, the best player on the offensive side of the ball is David Carr. It really isn't even close, yet they RUN on 2nd and 21 in the fourth quarter DOWN BY 10??? What the hell is that?

You have to give your team a chance to win. Someone said it last week and I'll repeat it here...the Texans are calling the type of game they'd LIKE to be able to play, but they don't have the players for it. You can't play conservative on 2nd and long, 3rd and long just because you WANT to.

Your best player MUST have an impact on the game and that guy is Carr. If you don't use him, you are wasting his skills. The Texans threw exactly ONE deep ball in this game with 6 minutes left in the game. I'm not saying you play like the Rams, but you have to stretch the field at some point.

What happened to week 1 when Carr aired it out half a dozen times???

12. DAROckets

I don't get it either,Jeff.

RC Slocum must be calling in the plays from CS :confused:

13. Truth

Truth Member

My sentiments exactly Jeff. Carr is just a sitting duck out there, I know he's gotta be pissed, did you see at the end of the game when he slammed the ball after he got sacked? He and Yao are on common ground with each other with this "not being used" crap.

#13 Truth, Sep 22, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2002
  14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I didn't understand why they would run a reverse to Cory Bradford at their own 20yd line. Marcus Coleman is a joke. Alot of people were saying Glenn is washed up I think they should look at Coleman. Glenn is playing like a pro bowler so far. Tony Banks should start against the Eagles because David won't pass for 100yds next week with the Eagles great defense.

15. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry about that. That terrible QB Quincy Carter threw for 201 yds against that D today.

so what if it was 44-13.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I have no problem with the Texan D including Coleman. He got burned a bit, but he has never been great against the super speedy receivers like they have in Indy.

I think Wells ran really well and that's a promising sign. I just cannot imagine why you would take your best option out of the game like that. It makes no sense whatsoever. He is the only guy on the field that can really break it open and do something and they are taking the ball out of his hands.

I could understand the conservative play calling if they had the lead or if Wells was running for 160 yards or something. But, to play it safe down ten in the fourth is just insane. That is playing to lose.

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Im pretty sure those yards were garbage yards in a 44-10 game. The Eagles in my opinion have the best defense in the NFL and the Texans will see that Sunday. Im a Texans fan but next Sunday will be a laugher. Eagles 31 Texans 3. If Banks starts Eagles 31 Texans 10.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Not really. He was 11/13 at one point for pretty good yardage. He only got worse as the game went on. I don't have a stat sheet, but I think he was pretty good the whole game.

19. asw

asw Member

I think Coach Capers did not start Wells from the beginning because he was way behind Allen picking up blitzes. The veteran Allen showed good instinctive reactions in pass protecting Carr. With the O line in dissary, blocking became very important.

20. asw

asw Member

I know. Wasn't that infuriating! After I calmed down, I wondered... why would they do that? All I can guess, is that they new it was a passing down, they knew we weren't going to win the game, they knew the receivers were playing a horrible game, and instead of giving the Colts defense two downs to tee off on Carr, they ran on one of them and threw a short pass on the second. They weren't playing for a first down there, they seemed to be playing to protect Carr.