1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Watching!!?: Week 2 vs. Philly

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Truth

Truth Member

I hope my Texans will come out of there alive. If not from Philly's players from Philly's fans.

Today's Keys to the Game:
    1. Tackle that darn McNabb!!
    2. Please protect David.
    3. Divine Intervention.

I will be posting my thoughts here throughout the game, please do the same, cause I will need to talk to someone during this one.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Man, that is important. If the Cowboys could have actually gotten hold of McNabb, maybe, JUST MAYBE, REALLY REALLY MAYBE, they could have beaten them. At least have made it close.

3. Truth

Truth Member

WTF!!!? We can't score a TD against San Diego or Indy's D and we come out and score on the Eagles?! What a turn of events, I not complaining, I'm shocked and happy! Maybe this will break the ice, if our offense continues we would be a very tough young team.

PS Interception!!! Philly fans are booing McNabb already.

4. Timing

Timing Member

Wow! If there was one game I thought we'd really get smeared in it was this one. Looks like the Eagles might be sleep walking a little bit.

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Why did everyone talk about our schedule being so easy (during the preseason)??? Two 3-0 teams so far AND Payton Manning? Damn... we're so lucky to have beaten Dallas.

To answer your question (anyone watching?): OF COURSE!! I'm a Houstonian and I'll watch every week... even if 1-15 seems unavoidable. We don't watch for wins folks, this is an expansion team... we watch for improvement.

GO TEXANS!! Just play hard... that's all we ask.

6. Truth

Truth Member

That was a good job by our Texan D by keeping them from getting a TD. We need big plays to be successful.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I am absolutely sick of the NFL's rules to protect their pretty boy quarterbacks. Jay Foreman's hit on McNabb wasn't late at all... in fact, he started his jump when McNabb was on his way down. With a quarterback like McNabb, how can you ever assume he's going down? If Jay Foreman's hit was late, it was late by about 0.00000000001 seconds. If it's not called, the Eagles are kicking a 52 yard field goal, which they would probably miss. Instead, it's a touchdown.

If it leads to more quarterback injuries, fine. The league seems to parade the "depth" everyone needs at other positions due to injuries... they need to make this the case for QB's as well. But it's gotten to where you really can't even touch an NFL quarterback without risking a personal foul, and that's just ridiculous.

8. Truth

Truth Member

Even worse, they didn't call it a late hit, they called a face mask penalty when there was nobody's hands above McNabb's chest.

9. Truth

Truth Member

The Eagles are so damn lucky. The refs keep saving them everytime on 3rd and long. They should celebrate the fact that the refs don't belive they should have to play on 4th down.

P.S- Another call!!!! This time on special teams. Call something on the Eagles for cryin out loud.

Interception. :mad:

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm...maybe it is a good thing that I can't see this weeks game.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thats exactly how I felt last week. The freakin refs call every single little foul agains the opposing team and absolutely nothing against the Eagles.

McNabb gets more protection then George Bush would get in Iraq.

12. Truth

Truth Member

Not only do they have McNabb and the refs, but they also have trick plays!!! And they are good at running em'. That's a very bad mixture for ANY opposing team. I now have a very strong dislike for Andy Reid, that balding, chubby.....

TOUCHDOOOOOOOWN TEXANS!!! Bradford is da man!

Hey!!! I'm a senior now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

FUMBLE!!! Texans recover!

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

COME ON TEXANS! YOU CAN DO IT! SCORE 19 POINTS IN 3 MINUTES! WOOOOO!

Hmm...beat those Eagles...so that the Cowboys can move up. :D

Hey, we beat the Titans for you. So what if they aren't the Eagles, we beat them for you guys! Hehe...

Seriously, I hope yall win, and not just because of the division thing.

15. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

improving.

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

No doubt we improved this week. I think the game we played was good enough for a W in most games, but we played a very strong Philly team so we didn't get one. Carr looked much improved IMO, and our offense was impressive in most times.

But man, Mcnabb is really good!

#16 Baseballa, Sep 29, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2002
  17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Im predicting the Texans to Upset Buffalo in 2weeks. The spread will be Buffalo by 11 and the Texans will pull off the upset:cool:

18. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I was at the game today, since I live in the Philly area. I am a huge Eagles fan. I was sitting in the 200 level on the Texans side of the field. After Carr's first touchdown it was kind of quiet for a while, then after Aker's field goal and Staley's TD, it started to get loud. That trick play was amazing. Dawkins had a great game. I am a Texans fans, but the Eagles are by far my favorite team.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Someone said, "improving"...absolutely! I was impressed with the development from last week, against a much tougher defense, I might add. Carr seems to be getting a little bit more comfortable...can't wait until Boselli and Young get back so he's not rushed on every pass play.

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Alot of people are saying the Texans line is weak but I thought they did a good job the past 2weeks. David Carr just holds the ball too long. And on special teams I thought Avion Black was very impressive. If given the chance I think he can be just as good as J. Lewis on kickoff returns.