1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Know the Deadline for notice of Orlandos Pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan007, May 30, 2001.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I believe June 4 is the correct date.

------------------

2. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

But wasn't there a deadline of the 1st for Vancouver to inform Detroit its intentions.

I think this is why Orlando was going to try to let Houston/Vancouver know before the 1st, eventhough the official deadline was the 4th?

Help Clutch/Jeff?

------------------

3. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

I read somewhere that orlando was going to let the rockets know by the 27th of May, eventhough I think the deadline is June 4.

But I remember reading that Vancouver had to let Detroit know by the 1st of June (or something?). I know with Detroit lobbying Orlando against and Houston and Vancover lobbying Orlando for - this might delay the outcome.

Anybody know the actual dates when something is going to happen?

------------------

4. Valio!

Valio! Member

I was just wondering the same thing. Whenever it is, it SHOULD be real soon. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"

5. rocketsfan

rocketsfan Member

Vancouver has until May 1st to send a top 18 pick to Detroit or will loose their own pick (between 6th & 18th) in the 2002 draft. Orlando doesn't have to let the Rockets know until May 4th if they will be taking Phoenix's 18th pick until May 4th. This is why Vancouver is trying to work something out with Orlando so that they don't wait until the 4th and making it too late for Van. to send the pick to Detroit.

------------------
    take it one day at a time

6. Colby

Colby Member

Rocketfan - are those dates suposed to be June?

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So, would Memphis, out of desperation, go ahead and trade us the #6 pick for the #13 and #22? We still owe a pick so I think it would be fair to throw in the future Detroit pick owed us (maybe Memphis can get some future retribution on the Pistons, but that's beside the point.)

This would mean basically losing a lottery pick, but is this year's pick more valuable than next year's, when the team will actually draft as "the Memphis [insert name here]s" for the first time?

With 22 and 27, you can probably get Cisse and Morris. You can get SOMETHING.

Desperation now or later?

------------------