1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Timberwolves fans living in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by North Star, Jul 26, 2001.

1. haven

haven Member

A team has to actually beat us a few times in the playoffs for us to hate them...

...the T'Pups aren't quite worth hating. I feel awfullys orry for KG though [​IMG].

------------------
    Clutchcity.net... source for all your Rockets, Astros, political, music, humor, and Gordita news.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Overall, because of the proximity and the fact that there are lots of Rockets fans in the Austin/San Antonio area, I consider them a hated rival. Not in the same category as Utah, but they are up there.

------------------
    Get Ready

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited July 26, 2001).]

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I have lived in Austin for 6 years and have developed a deep hatred for the Spurs. They will sometimes be on two channels, effectively blocking the Stros.

------------------

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Well we are talking about most hated. The Spurs arent in my top 3 for most hated so I dont really bother with them. Notice I did use the past tense of own - owned. I know they had our # for a while but it there wasnt any devistating losses. Nothing for me to hate really. They beat us while we were down....

On Portland though, I dont hate the team, but do hate the bi*ch quitten. Still like the Blazers kinda from the early 90's with Clyde.

1. Jazz
    2. Seattle
    3. La Fakers

------------------
    Reporter asks "How close were you to the victim?" Shorty says,"Real close until the roofies wore off. Then she woke up talking about pressing charges, so I took my tongue out of her ass and left." Shorty - Marlon Wayans "Scary Movie"

Go Rockets!!!
    SS

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would say

1. Jazz
    2. Sonics
    3. 80's Celtics
    4. Spurs (because I hear so much smack here in Austin)

------------------

6. Eric

Eric Member

North Star... I think you are definately looking in the wrong place for T-Wolves fans. I would have to say we hate the Jazz and Spurs a little more than the Wolves, errr pups, but they come in a close third.

Do any Rox fans remember a couple of years ago in that first round sweep of the Pups when Sam b****ell, oops, I mean Mitchell, tried to get into a fight with big, bad Kevin Willis? Yeah that would have lasted about 2.5 seconds. Let's see, Willis is 7'0 and is reputed to have benched over 350lbs and a 6'7 swingman wants to throw down with him? Yeah, nice move pups.

Keep up the good work up there in Minnesota.

p.s. Joe Smith wasn't/isn't worth that much.

------------------
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."