1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any real estate agents out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by h-townfan, Apr 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

I just passed my real estate exam and I am now trying to find a broker to work under. There are soooo many choices that I feel overwhelmed. What are some of the things I should be looking for? Also any tips or advice for a guy just starting off would help.

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Make sure you set goals. Interview as many brokers as possible. See what kind of splits they have and what kind of training they have. Make sure, since you just started out to find a broker that has a good training program, like Coldwell Banker and Keller Williams.

It's tough when you are first starting out because it seems like you're always paying for things. If possible, try to find a mentor to work under to show you the ropes. Whatever you do, don't give up. I see alot of Realtors giving it up within a year because they don't know what they're doing.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Isn't Hakeem one on the side? you can ask him :)

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

My wife is with Keller Williams. She would be happy to talk to you about her experiences and how she likes KW, she is with the Memorial office.

I can tell you it takes a lot of work to build up your clients, but on once it gets rolling it can really take off.

angelabrown@kw.com

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I dunno, but I think there are more real estate agents than there are houses sometimes! :eek:

6. FJY

FJY Member

I'm taking one class with this realtor professor, man, I'm telling ya, if and only if you can attend the class, you're going to learn so much from him...

I'm can assure you that he's one of the best in what he does, and even for those who had been in the business for years, they're still going to learn a ton from the guy.

The guy solds over 250+ houses a year on average.