1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any chance of an Astroworld return?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htownbandit, Sep 17, 2012.

1. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

How cool would that be? It's probably never going to happen, but whatever. I'm posting this here because it's Astros related (right?). And speaking of things that aren't going to happen, how about renovating the Astrodome back to acceptable use and putting it to SOME use sports-related, weather it be, a Superbowl (for old times sake), pre-season games, Bowl games or something. Heck, maybe even the All-Star Game next year since they did that back in '89. That'd be nice, it's pretty miserable inside the Eight Wonder of the World.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Wow. There I was thinking that somebody had proposed building a new amusement park, and was disappointed to find a bag full of nothing when I opened the thread.

Epic fail.

1 person likes this.
  3. YaosDirtyStache

ive been here for almost 3 yrs now and this is the WORST thread of all time.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Astroworld is not "Houston Astros baseball" related.

5. Grape_Swisha281

you are by far one of the worst posters on here and you make us 2012ers look bad....

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Welp.

That just about summed up the thread.

Let's state what is wrong first. Why would they put a football bowl game when there is a better stadium next door? They had the All Star game there because the Summit is Small. Actually, no clue why.

Bringing the Astrodome back to "acceptable" would cost too much or that is what they say.

The Astrodome never hosted a Super Bowl before, so you really aren't doing it for old times sake.

How is this even Astros related?

The Astrodome, Vacuums, A Kardashian, The Astros.

Things that suck.

Oh, That's how it's Astros related.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just having fun, no ill will.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

On a related note the AstroVan apparently has a great deal of popularity in Japan, and was the safest passenger vehicle for almost a decade.

1 person likes this.
  9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Next thread for OP:
    Thread title: "A Great Idea???"

I don't really have one but wouldn't it be great if I had one? I mean we can actually talk about something with substance, yeah I know it will never happen but wouldn't it be great? And I'm putting this in the Classified section cause I'm trying to sell you the idea of me having a great idea (right?).

10. msn

msn Member

this.

oh, and please bring Astroworld back. :(

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I agree with op, no reason why houston doesn't have an amusement park

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Are you high?

Kam pretty much nailed it.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That dinosaur park should be opening up this year.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Thread title: HUGE JUICY BOOBS

Thread contents: picture of a dog turd

1 person likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I miss going to Astroworld hoping to ride Taz's Texas Tornado, only to see that it has yet again been shut down.

Other memories: During one of their slow days, they had a "double the ride" promotion where you could ride the roller coaster or whatever twice in a row. I had just eaten some nasty ass greasy fries and chicken and rode the Looping Starship. After the first ride, I decided to sit the second one out, as the greasy foods were not at all settled in my stomach. Upon telling my friend that I felt sick and was going to sit out the second turn on the ride, he proceeded to berate me with comments like "Oh come on, you baby. Is the ride too much for the little baby? etc." So I rode again and fought off the vomit for the entire ride. It was over and I had made it without hurling - victory! Unfortunately, while waiting for the shoulder bars to be lifted so I could leave the ride, I lost control. I must have vomitted at least a gallon worth, all while still strapped into the ride, so there was nothing I could do to curb the flow of it.

Good times. Also, thread sucks.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

got a chance to ride that beast once. Almost snapped my neck on the drop and it was awesome.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

this is my excalibur. I bamboo shoot and she XLR8s all over me. a thunder river.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What if dog was spelled c-a-t?

19. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

20. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

money. pit.