1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Edwards: 2020 Draft (Round: 1 / Pick: 1)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Anthony Edwards has been playing a bit like Kobe Bryant because he's not afraid in important moments and takes confident shots, very eerily similar to Kobe. Especially the way he dribbles, drives, dunks, just the whole swag package.

While it's early to say for sure, Edwards fearless attitude, dedication, and versatile scoring in my opinion remind me of Kobe's style of play.

Keep an eye on Ant Man because he might be following in Kobe's footsteps.

2. Mr. Dominant

Edwards is so much fun to watch. It’s crazy how much better he is than Jalen.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was not a Travel I guess.....

4. Mr. Dominant

Hmmm…

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . . . Ant or Sha?

Rocket River

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ant for me.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can accept that Shai is better... But I'd prefer to build a team around Edwards. And I think I'd beat a Shai team if all else is more or less equal. We might see it this year.

Rocket River and Jontro like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ant has a better team.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

when is their contracts up? ant and shai forming a superteam would be dope. will the cba allow it?

Rocket River likes this.
  10. JumpMan

The Wolves have the better bigs, and the Thunder have better perimeter players. Overall, it's more or less a wash. The Wolves are the more traditional team and seem to fit better, but I think that has much to do with Edwards.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

No it's not lol, OKc has 3 amazing players SGA, Chet and JDub. After those 3 they have scrubs and would be a lotto team.

Minny has depth, size and defense and Kat who is the wild card. For example last game they were leading even if Ant hadn't popped off yet. That's cuz the Frontline of Kat, Gobert and Naz Reid is too much for most teams and then they have Jaden McDaniel/Kyle Anderson/Alexander Walker as 6'10 3nDs and Conley as the vet pg.

If you take out both Ant and SGA OKc would get clowned and it wouldn't be close. What Chet and Pokusevki gonna do vs Gobert, Kat and Naz Reid? Lol.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. JumpMan

It's a wash.

SGA, Chet, and Williams vs Edwards, Towns, and Rudy? Wouldn't most take OKC's trio? Probably.

I said the Wolves have the better bigs. Big part of their success. Won't argue that. But none of the 6-10 3 and D guys you listed are 6-10, Anderson can't shoot either, and the other two ain't the shooters Dort, Wallace, and Joe are.

When you add Giddey to those three and Williams, you get the advantage in the perimeter that I mentioned. Plus a couple solid guys like Kenrich Williams and Wiggins who also shoot well.

I don't think the Thunder would get clowned at all... Wallace, Giddey, Dort, Williams, Chet, Joe, Kenrich, Wiggins, and the other Jalen Williams are a match for Conley, Walker, McDaniels, Towns, Gobert, Reid, Anderson, and Milton.

It looks like the Thunder are the deeper team. But they are still more or less the same overall.

Wolves are bigger and therefore stand a better chance in the playoffs against teams like the Nuggets and Lakers, but they ain't that much better than the Thunder. It'd be an even matchup against teams with different strengths and weaknesses.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are talking about better teams Minny without Ant is undoubtedly better than OKC without SGA.

McDaniel is indeed 6'10 in shoes:
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketb...checking-forward-s-real-height-recent-reports

Those guys you mentioned who can shoot are spot shooters, none of them break the defense down or can score 1v1 aside from JDub. Once those guys get covered by McDaniel, Anderson etc it doesn't matter if they can shoot they won't be able to. Look at Whitmore, Jabari and FVV' shooting splits last night.

OKC is extremely dependent on SGA, I dunno if they make the playoffs if SGA gets injured. Minny can still be a playoff team without Ant on the strength of their bigs.

14. invocux

invocux Member

He almost never carries the ball or travels which i respect him for that. He plays the game as it should be played. Respects the rules of the game in an era where nobody cares about them and still manages look elite. Even though i'm not the biggest fan of his game he is hands down my favourite player in the league

JumpMan likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whoever is better in the Playoffs wins, long term Thunder because Gobert and KAT are getting older.

And Thunder have not even touched a fraction of their Draft Pick War Chest.

Conley Jr. is also getting older.

16. invocux

invocux Member

I think Wolves beat them in 6 or 7 games. Wolves' size is frightening tbh and i'm not high on Chet. Gobert runs through that kid in playoffs. Already did that a month ago. Kat and/or Ant can go off anytime and drop 20 on your head in a quarter and you absolutely can't contain both of them at the same time. Thunder have better perimeter players but Wolves are not much behind them i think. I'm like 97% percent sure that Wolves beat them.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then I will be the gigantic 3% then.....:D

18. invocux

invocux Member

So do you think they can win it this season? If they are good enough to beat Wolves in playoffs they are good enough to become champs.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Boston are favorites in the East, does not mean anything because Tatum is not consistent enough.

The Wolves ain't even the favorites..... Denver is still is....they are the defending Champs.

Jokic and Murray play the best in the Playoffs when they are not injured.

The Clippers are also a tougher matchup than expected.......

Both the Wolves and OKC are probably 2nd Round exits......maybe Wolves can make it to WCF....only maybe.

OKC would need at least 1 or 2 years to go deeper. But I hope they take some team to 6 or 7 games cuz they are very fun to watch.

#19 daywalker02, Feb 6, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    invocux likes this.
  20. invocux

invocux Member

Nuggets > Wolves >= Clippers > Bucks > Celtics > OKC > Knicks >= Cavs >= Kings.