1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another terrible jobs number

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I love it when the economy/unemployment/gas prices aren't doing so well and Obama is the ONLY one to blame, but when job outlook is better "it's certainly nothing Obama's doing."

Just rich.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's when you know that you are truly wasting your time "being informed" with politics and news. It's when you have zero capacity to look at things subjectively.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm fairly happy with the direction of the economy. It certainly has done better than expected from how folks predicted that we will never see unemployment below a certain %, how the market will never grow as it did in the past, how it will be a very slow trend to lower unemployment, how we are in a new economy... I give them that we are in a new economy and some are left behind because of it.

Which bring up the point - I prefer to stay the course for economic stability. Any major directional changes by the next POTUS is a risk to me. Trump's isolationism and tax plans, Cruz's tax cut to kill all federal programs, even Bernie's massive programs and major tax increases are risky to this growing new economy.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Tell me what he's done. TIA

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He have done plenty to suppose to tank the economy and be a national disgracer in chief. No more excuses for not being able to accomplish these two main goals.

Stimulus package - which suppose to tank the economy? Or is very short-sighted and was suppose to tank the economy within his presidency. Or, something.

Consumer protection CARD - which suppose to hit business and tank the economy.

Extended unemployed benefits - which suppose to tank the economy, or put stress on unemployment recovery.

Massive Regulations of all sorts - which suppose to tank the economy.

Double fuel eff - which suppose to tank the economy

Bail out GM and other industry - which suppose to kill those industry and tank the economy.

Home owner programs and credits during housing crash - which suppose to tank the economy

End DADT, for equal rights of Gay - which somehow suppose to tank the economy.

Resume STEM cell research - which in some godly way, suppose to tank the economy.

Pull out of Iraq & Afg - which somehow suppose to tank the economy.

Obamacare - which suppose to tank the economy and raise unemployment above 9%

Stop the go-it-along altitude around the world - which suppose to be weakness and tank the economy.

Laser focus on terrorist instead of nation bombing - which suppose to show weakness and tank the economy

Iran deal - which suppose to do something bad to economy.

Be Obama - which should have completely destroyed the economy.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^^

Just lol. I'm arguing with a 3rd grader.

1) Learn English grammar. TIA
    2) Your laundry list is not compelling. Seriously, you're trying to say supporting gay rights (which actually the SCOTUS impacted, not Obama! You probably didn't even realize that...) is what Obama did to help? *snort*

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bigtexxx. Really, you have no clue what you are talking about. You don't even get the basic facts right. You don't know which policies are from Republicans vs. Dems vs. Obama or anything.

It's just sad that you expose your ignorance to everyone and most people just ignore you, some look at you with pity, and a few take the time to try to educate you and you respond like this.

Man, you can't even see why your rigid thinking it probably capturing 95% of the worlds problem's today. You're not alone...a HUGE junk of the population is stuck in weird thinking - both on the left and the right and everywhere else.

But it's sad that all these years on here and you have yet to learn anything.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is comedy gold right there, New Yorker.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Obama ended DADT. You probably didn't realize that. But that's beyond the point.

I am returning to your original stance. If you don't agree with the list, what was it that Obama have done that was suppose to tank the economy, cause terrible job numbers, and was a national disgrace?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Txtony, you don't seem to understand that you are being trolled by (?)texxx. He says something patently absurd to get a reaction. Someone (like you) responds with facts on the assumption that (?) will respond in kind. What does he do? What he does 98.6% of the time. A very short insult, with something along the lines of "thank you for playing," or "learn English grammar," or "I'm arguing with a 3rd grader." No substance. The only "substance" (?)texxx understands is what plops in the toilet bowl when he's taking a dump, and D&D is his favorite dumping ground. He views it as an enormous toilet, built for his pleasure. In my humble opinion. You shouldn't waste your time with the fellow.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#makeamericagreatagain

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's the point when all you are going to do is move the goal post?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Appreciate the feedback.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Coming from a waste of human life such as yourself, that means nothing. I actually respect bigotexxx more than you. I think feces ranks higher than you, but you might have that beat out by a hair.

#875 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What is wrong with you?

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's not entirely wrong you know. A lot of people on here complain about "kid glove" treatment....well the dude pretty much stated what everybody else thinks. If you don't think the person he was addressing has deep rooted problems, I don't know what to say :grin:

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Considering you are buddies with ATW and join in on his attempt to harass me, i think the question really is - what is wrong with you?

Seriously. You guys have harassed me for 10 years on this BBS. I have played nice and tolerated it many many times. But the truth is at some point it goes beyond childish to something far darker.

You need to look inside yourself and ask yourself what kind of human being you are if you align yourself with that psycho.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is important to note what is being graphed here: Wage as a % of GDP.

What is reflected here is a long trend, going back to the 1970s, where wage-earning workers have been getting a smaller share of the economic pie. The rest of it, I am pretty sure, is going to those who own capital-- mostly the wealthy but also some folks who runs smaller businesses and middle-class/upper-middle-class people with 401K accounts and what not.

A big part of it is probably is globalization and automation taking away certain wage-earning opportunities and depressing wages while increasing productivity. It makes the GDP rise without rising wages.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]