1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

another monster game for S.Bradley

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ShanghaiShark, Jan 4, 2003.

1. ShanghaiShark

ShanghaiShark Member

10pts/11rb/7block in 21 minutes!

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I always thought people were talking worse about him than he actually is.

3. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

It's because he was the #2 pick in the draft. There have been other busts too, but it's easiest to pick him out of a crowd.

4. pchan

pchan Member

Wait until he plays shaq...
    He would be break in half

5. CY02

CY02 Member

Wait until he plays Yao Ming again. :D

6. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

ha, he aint got !@#$ on yao ming

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ive always wonderded why he didnt bulk up some. Seems like he could put some weight on and it would help a lot.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He was on a 5000 calorie a day diet when he entered the league. It did nothing for him. His metabolism will not allow him to gain weight.

9. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

I read in SI where his wife is like 5'2". Talk about an odd couple. They just had a baby. I wonder how he's going to turn out.

10. droxford

droxford Member

This is a myth. With the proper diet and exercise regemin, thin people can build muscle mass like crazy! I know this firsthand.

-- droxford

11. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

True however some people can't gain weight regardless of what they do. I believe this to be the case with Bradley. Every team he has played for has put him in some kind of program to help him gain weight.

The only thing the 5000 calorie a day diet did was make him sick.

Two years ago he lifted weights, and worked out all summer, and did put on about 25-30 pounds however he lost most of that weight in training camp.

Also most people his hight (7 foot or taller) don't completely mature (physically) until they are well into their 30's. As he gets older his body will naturally fill out.

During his prime Sabonis was no where near the weight (or girth) he is now. He didn't start really filling out until he joined the NBA (which was after his prime years).

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hmm. . . 7'6" + 5'2" / 2 = 6'4" :D

I think Bradley actually has some basketball skills. I saw him playing the Clippers the other night and he showed a pretty good hook shot more than one time. He made the baskets while being pushed. He is just not strong enough.

13. Scott Carefoot

Scott Carefoot New Member

It's a shame that he's finally coming into his own in Dallas, because I've been hoping for years that he would end up in Utah somehow. Think about it, all those Mormons would go crazy for him! He might have competed with Shaq for All-Star Game votes.

14. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

lol well we all know what yao did to him a month ago