1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another idiotic giddy abortion thread...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I gave you my own, personal "line" in the debate. I have not defined the line for anyone else, thus the "definition" I provided was mine and mine alone. That is the beauty of a free society, we all get to decide, within the bounds of the law, what our own personal, moral lines are.

It can't be a "death" until there is a "life" and you don't get to define "life" for anyone but yourself.

This is the way you refrain from derailing a non-abortion thread with your obsessive anti-choice lunacy?

2. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I made a 15 buck Planned Parenthood donation in his screenname. Gave me a nice measure of satisfaction.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

It's not personal, there is another person involved. You can't decide to kill your kid.

Can't outlaw murder without an agreed upon definition of life.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's idiotic, but you started it.

5. GladiatoRowdy

It isn't a "kid," it is a fetus, embryo, or zygote, depending on the length of gestation.

Yes, and your definition is definitively NOT "agreed upon," which is why it isn't "murder," much as you would like it to be. You don't get to FORCE your definition of "life" on another person, she gets to decide what her body is used for.

6. GladiatoRowdy

To be fair, giddy started it in another thread, I was the idiot who tried to keep THAT thread from derailing. I plan to bookmark this one and revive it anytime I see giddy trying to derail another thread with abortion lunacy.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Blame CometsWin. It was (s)he who started that particular tangent of discussion. I will always defend the truth and accuracy...

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

when is it a kid?

<script src="http://www.azfamily.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=185393182&pos=top&swfw=$swfw"></script><object id="null" width="571" height="366" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"/> <param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"/> <param value="high" name="quality"/> <param value="true" name="cachebusting"/> <param value="#000000" name="bgcolor"/> <param name="movie" value="http://swfs.bimvid.com/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf?x-bim-callletters=KTVK" /> <param value="config=http://www.azfamily.com/?j=185393182&ref=" name="flashvars"/> <embed src="http://swfs.bimvid.com/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf?x-bim-callletters=KTVK" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="571" height="366" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" cachebusting="true" flashvars="config=http://www.azfamily.com/?j=185393182&ref=" bgcolor="#000000" quality="true"> </embed>
    </object><script src="http://www.azfamily.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=185393182&pos=bottom"></script>

When we outlaw murder we define life for everyone in the legal sense. You can't say "I didn't murder that person because I don't consider them a person".

9. GladiatoRowdy

You defend your right to stick your nose, uninvited, into the uterus of every woman in America.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

How old is the OP?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Good job...

I have donated over $1000 to Planned Parenthood and the Obama campaign in his name.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Old enough to take Giddyup to the woodshed.

13. GladiatoRowdy

Repeatedly.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there is another person involved that can't speak for themselves.

a (moral) society would understand the need to speak for the defenseless.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was one prominent example in which you chose to redefine terms as you see fit to create your alternate universe reality and debate. You do it like clockwork, it's like your staple on this board and it's why nobody really bothers anymore.

You want to expand terms to create your own agenda. Like I said... pregnancy, fetus, and abortion are redefined by you to baby, person, and murder because who the hell would want to murder a baby? Except in realityville, a fetus is not a baby. You also repeatedly refuse to accept that having an abortion is taking personal responsibility for an unwanted pregnancy. You absolutely refuse to accept that a woman knows what's best for her future with respect to that pregnancy. You also refuse to increase funding for children in poverty and for taking care of unwanted children. We want you to have that baby but screw you if you need any help after he's born, youre not going to have health care, and the school system for that child is going to suck because you're poor but hey that's all on you, good luck!

I pretty much have you covered but go ahead and spin all this, throw out some redefined terms, question the definition of other terms, and then let's see how that works out this time. Predictable...

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think it would be nice for the mods to curtail the calling out of individual posters in thread titles, particularly in the D&D.

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously. I am pretty sure the early KKK would say the blacks they murdered and lynched were subhuman animals who deserved what they got but that didn't mean that society allowed it to continue (eventually addressing it more fully).

I hate the cute attempt to redefine something as "not life" and a complete dismissal of what an abortion is. It is dishonest and a post-position attempt at justification. Natural and man-made abortions are a snuffing of life whether present or future. "Viability outside of the womb" is a completely meaningless definition as viability depends on so many factors that have changed over time due to science and medicine or even right now based upon location in the world. How is viability defined, then? My niece delivered her 1 pound baby at 22 weeks. Only the magic of high quality NICU kept him alive. He has more surgeries in his future but otherwise he is human. That also doesn't deal with the individual factors where some fetuses, babies, people are just stronger or luckier or whatever and can be viable earlier.

So, what is the point? Why is it a completely relative issue that is only defined by women whenever they are faced with pregnancy and based upon whatever ignorance or knowledge they have?

18. giddyup

Wrong. I defend the baby from intrusive weapons. Period.

19. giddyup

What terms have I ever defined?

I simply work backwards from the outcome-- a human child results from conception.

It is the pro-Choice crowd that is inventing definitions to justify and allow the right to abort.

I'm pretty sure I never defined "pregnancy." LOL....

You are the one spinning.

20. nef2005

nef2005 Member

So, would you please define your terms? I'd just like context on what I'm reading