1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let’s get this new cycle going and done with. AR style rifles aren’t going anywhere no matter what people complain about. It’s the price of doing business just like DUIs.

stricter background checks and even waiting periods. I’m all for that but the modern rifle is here to stay

ROCKSS, Kim and B-Bob like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You just made the case for what I’ve always said makes the most sense which is liability insurance and gun school in order to mirror the regulations of driving. If you need that to drive a car, you definitely should have the same requirement to own a gun. The constitution clearly says a “well REGULATED militia.” What part of the word regulated do so called Conservatives not understand??

3. Nook

Nook Member

That old guy DGAF... no urgency at all, even showing the cameraman where the shooter came in while there is shooting in the background.

saitou likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I immediately knew what the shooter looked like when I heard he was taken in alive...killed a cop, and yet he still managed to be arrested with his life intact

the next few days will be spent wondering what this loser’s motive was, and politicians will do the same rehearsed, meaningless, all for show talking points about gun legislation even tho nothing will get done as usual...then we wait for the next depraved person to go shoot some place up and then rinse and repeat

I can’t imagine what all the people in that store just went through...it’s such a traumatizing experience and so devastating for the families who needlessly lost loved ones

Idc to know the name of this piece of garbage that did this shooting, but he’ll be burning in hell

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In addition to this shooting CO has had the Aurora shooting and Columbine. You would think those would've been enough to convince the state legislature of how bad things are.

7. NewRoxFan

It will start out with a series of "its too early to talk about this" along with heart felt thoughts and prayers. Then a casual hand wave and shrug.

ROCKSS and London'sBurning like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. Honestly, when I heard another mass shooting I immediately thought it would be another mentally unstable weird looking white guy, because it usually is.

I'm so sick of this broken record. No matter how they try to paint the picture, Republicans, and the NRA will fight to the death to spurt propaganda to keep guns loose and free to everyone. We have some of the worst politicians in the country right here in Texas. To make things worse, we have a huge mental health neglect problem in Texas, and a rise in white supremacists and radical groups across this nation.

Heck, look at Texas and all our hate groups. This is a lot of hate groups:

14 FIRST (NEO-NAZI) statewide, ACT FOR AMERICA 2 chapters (ANTI-MUSLIM) in Houston and Austin, AMBASSADORS OF CHRIST (GENERAL HATE) Houston, AMERICAN FREEDOM PARTY (WHITE NATIONALIST) Granbury, ASATRU FOLK ASSEMBLY (NEO-VÖLKISCH) Statewide, ATOMWAFFEN DIVISION (NEO-NAZI) Statewide, BUREAU ON AMERICAN ISLAMIC RELATIONS (ANTI-MUSLIM) Irving, CAROLYNYEAGER.NET (GENERAL HATE) Kerrville, CHURCH OF THE KU KLUX KLAN (KU KLUX KLAN) De Kalb, CONCERNED CHRISTIAN CITIZENS (ANTI-LGBTQ) Temple, CURSUS HONORUM FOUNDATION (WHITE NATIONALIST) Austin, GREAT MILLSTONE 3 chapters (GENERAL HATE) Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, IDENTITY DIXIE (NEO-CONFEDERATE) Statewide, ISD RECORDS/NS88 VIDEO (HATE MUSIC) Denison, ISRAEL UNITED IN CHRIST 6 chapters (GENERAL HATE) San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, ISRAELITE SCHOOL OF UNIVERSAL PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE 3 chapters (GENERAL HATE) Dallas, Austin, Houston, LAST FRONTIER EVANGELISM - REPENT ALASKA (GENERAL HATE) Amarillo, MASS RESISTANCE 3 chapters
    (ANTI-LGBTQ) Houston, Dallas, Austin, MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL (GENERAL HATE)
    Houston, NATION OF ISLAM 5 chapters (GENERAL HATE), San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Austin, NATIONAL REFORMATION PARTY (WHITE NATIONALIST)Statewide, NATIONALIST SOCIAL CLUB (NSC-131) NEO-NAZI, Statewide, NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY (GENERAL HATE) Houston, ONEBODY IN YAHAWASHI (GENERAL HATE) Dallas, PATRIOT FRONT (WHITE NATIONALIST) Statewide, PATRIOTIC BRIGADE KNIGHTS OF THE KU KLUX KLAN (KU KLUX KLAN) Gladewater, POWER OF PROPHECY(GENERAL HATE) Spicewood, PROBE MINISTRIES (ANTI-LGBTQ) Plano, PROUD BOYS (GENERAL HATE) Austin, RURAL NEXION(NEO-NAZI) Statewide, SICARII 1715 (GENERAL HATE) Dallas, STEDFAST BAPTIST CHURCH(ANTI-LGBTQ) Fort Worth, TEXANS FOR IMMIGRATION REDUCTION AND ENFORCEMENT (ANTI-IMMIGRANT) Houston,
    THE REMEMBRANCE PROJECT (ANTI-IMMIGRANT) Houston, TOM BROWN MINISTRIES (ANTI-LGBTQ) El Paso, TRUTH IN TEXTBOOKS (ANTI-MUSLIM) Boerne,
    UNDERSTANDING THE THREAT (ANTI-MUSLIM) Dallas, WODEN'S FOLK KINDRED
    (NEO-VÖLKISCH) Waxahachie.
    https://www.splcenter.org/states/texas

With the mental health issue, and all the hate groups in Texas, we need stricter, not looser gun laws. Our Texas Republicans will just start pouring gasoline on the fire we already can't put out, just like some did prior to the Capitol riots. I smell a big Texas bonfire coming if Abbott and his "pack and carry, loosen up those regulations" irresponsible leaders have their way.

#1008 deb4rockets, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    London'sBurning and Reeko like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

NRA literally tweeted this right after the shooting

it’s madness

then I see tweets of politicians saying how there needs to be nonpartisan gun legislation and just roll my eyes...yeah, y’all have been saying that for ages and nothing has been done

every high profile mass shooting these 2 useless cliches get tossed out: “we need gun control” and “thoughts and prayers”...it’s like a meme at this point...always all talk, and no action

10. NewRoxFan

And CO just did this on March 12 after the NRA sued...

No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

wow...u can’t make this sh*t up if u tried

London'sBurning and deb4rockets like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No, you can't. Then we have these guys.

Maybe they should be more concerned about saving lives, addressing the mental health problem, focusing on all the hate groups in Texas, and worrying about the Covid spreading no mask spring breakers instead. Their agendas are wrong, in so many ways. These Texas Republicans, along with Cruz and the rest are making a mess of Texas.

ROCKSS, London'sBurning and Reeko like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

They might have been linked, and not a coincidental thing.

We had a pretty large (for Boulder) rally/protest on Saturday around this. Gunman might have gotten triggered in confrontations.

#1013 heypartner, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Blatz likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We need more gun restrictions. Sooner or later there will be a gunman who goes after GOP members, and they will line up to restrict guns then.

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Don't think that will even make a difference. A few thoughts and prayers...

Five people shot, including Republican congressman, at charity baseball game

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/james-hodgkinson-shooting-republicans-baseball-game

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That King Sooper (aka Krogers) is the anchor store of a strip mall at entrance to a large residential area, due to mtn range, pretty much the only entrance to the community. I'm sure it will be closed for awhile ... constant remember for that neighborhood ... in this relatively small town. And it's essentially one of 4 shopping areas.

For perspective: Only two Krogers in Boulder. and 2 Safeways and 1 WF. So pretty much, everyone who lives here has probably shopped at each of those ... at least the two Krogers, for sure, bc they are nice, and best prices

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Background checks? Criminals will obtain firearms regardless. How about psych evaluations? The crazies are the ones doing these mass shootings. To become a peace officer in Texas and most likely most other states, require psych evals. You might say, well cops shoot people all the time. But do they go to your local Walmart with an AR-15 and just start unloading?

A psych exam tailored for the general public in the purchasing of a firearm should be required. The less crazies that go on these mass shootings, the better safety of the general public and for the NRA's agenda. Also, crazy people don't know they are crazy, they should know. it's a win all around.

This isn't going to irradicate this behavior completely, but need to start somewhere.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree! The same should go with members of hate groups. That should disqualify them from owning a gun.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I can only imagine what she will have to say about another mass shooting.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Best advice for ladies or guys is to carry a gun and be cautious of your surroundings. Is not video games breeding this mindset, it's the news that do this. It's a billion dollar marketing industry.