1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anniversary ideas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by franchise403, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

Next week is my 1 year anniversary and I have no idea what to do?
    If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Right now my wife and I can't afford to fly anywhere since we are broke and I am in summer school.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hmmm...my wife and i celebrated 10 years yesterday. we have a sick kid at home, so that kind of dampens plans.

we're gonna go see mayer/folds this weekend in the woodlands. we were gonna stay out there at the Waterway Marriott, but the sick kid dampens that, too.

don't set huge expecations for these time events. honestly, i can't remember how my wife and i celebrated our first anniversary, though we were in a situation very similar to yours financially at that point of our lives.

can you get a hotel room in galveston? go to the strand...eat and drink a little together...go to the beach? just make a weekend of it?

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

That's where we are getting married next month.

Goose's Acre is a cool place to hang out and it's right down from the hotel.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

make love

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

go to lakewood church.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I had tickets to see Ben Folds (and that other guy playing after him) but I had to sell them because I have to go to a wedding that night. :mad:

franchise403, if you're broke there's no point in overdoing anything. Like MM says, in the grand scheme of things, are you even going to remember what you did 10 years from now? Just do something cheap and romantic.

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

My wife and I did as well. We're taking our son to meet his great grandparents in a few weeks so we didn't do much either.

Congrats franchise403. My wife and I didn't have money for a honeymoon, so we spent a week in New Orleans on our first anniversary. I bought a bottle of Dom Perignon on our wedding day and we saved it a year to open in NOLA.

You don't need much to celebrate the day, tell your wife how you feel about her and let it go from there!

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

hot sweaty sex