1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

today’s episode of Jujutsu Kaisen was just…wow

eveluvsrox and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

A little late to it, but I"'m watching Fog Hill of Five Elements, it's a Chinese Anime that I'm watching from word of mouth. The art and fight scenes are excellent so far.

Trailer:

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sorry, but JJK is the greatest anime of all-time, it’s not even a discussion for me

this looks better than a movie

absolutely insane

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Aight so, I got Crunchyroll for the Attack on Titan finale.... It was like just two episodes, finished it in two days and now I have crunchyroll for the rest of the month... Anything worth watching?

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Japanese Invincible >>>>>>>> American Invincible

LosPollosHermanos and Reeko like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are interested, those are called Wu Xia Novels......they are like Martial Arts literature

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

JJK has been top notch.

I've been watching Dark Gathering from time to time. Starts semi-wholesome then gets more disturbing af to the point where you want to see what they'll pull off next. :eek:

Must watch for sickos who like horror/supernatural genre with a lot of wtf nightmare fuel moments...

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

AOT, Demon Slayer and many others are better than JJK

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Got around to watching Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix. Definitely an adult anime, but I didn't expect it to be this good.

Apparently its from the writer of Logan and Blade Runner 2049. Definite recommend.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Where ya watching?

Rocket River

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Crunchyroll

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I know JJK is getting it's mostly deserved hype as probably the top Shonen going right now, but I think Frieren is the most complete anime I've seen in a long time.

I'm also loving Apothecary Diaries and Eminence in Shadow....it's a really strong season, strongest in a good while IMO. Not just top heavy, but deep as well.

Outlier and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Frieren has been a pleasant and wholesome surprise.

The last 2 eps of JJK is where it lost me on the manga. While top-notch, there's too much loss and the next arc is pretty much a D&D game on ink.

I would avoid reading that until everything is wrapped up.

My creep filter is maxed out for Eminence in Shadow. I was watching it out of obligation.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

This looks interesting. No idea what it's about. It popped up as YT rec.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I just keep coming back to Hunter X Hunter. 10/10 actually watching again.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

JJK was pretty meh. I didn't know what was going on half the time. Doesn't help that I forgot everyone's name and that they are referred by their first or last name, adding further confusion. Also forgot what happened in the 1st season lol. I felt like the Parks and Rec meme where Andy doesn't know what's going on but is too afraid to ask.

18. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I've only caught random episodes here and there when hanging out with friends, but I'm not entirely sure what makes it stand out from other popular battle anime. Demon Slayer, Chainsaw Man, My Hero, Bleach etc. I think my tastes have just changed and its not for me anymore.

Kinda late, but I saw Boy and the Heron. It was enjoyable, but I did come away a little disappointed. The entire final act felt rushed with an abrupt ending, and outside of the Heron the characters weren't memorable. Would I rewatch it? Sure, but there's probably 5 other Ghibli movies I'd rather watch.

Rewatched Akira. Still one of my all time favorites in terms of art and world building. Who doesn't want a bike and jacket like Kaneda? Iconic film. Holds up nicely.

Watched Pokemon Concierge with my nieces. They loved it, and I got a kick out listening to them explain the newer gen pokemon to me. The stop motion animation and art was charming. Felt like they were trying to create a connection for adults with the main character being a burnt out professional, but the dialogue and plot lines was very much a kids show.

Dungeon Meshi also got a Netflix release. Watched the first episode with my wife who enjoyed it despite not having any interest in anime whatsoever. The cooking aspect makes for cozy and lighthearted viewing. It's fun and low stakes without feeling cringey, combining slice of life and DnD-esque dungeon crawling. Having read the manga I'm curious as to how they'll handle the more serious and (relatively) actiony sequences.

19. Invisible Fan

I haven't watched most of these but take a chance with Frieren Beyond Journey's End. It has a fantasy setting and focuses on what happens after the main quest is finished. The main character is an elf who lives longer than her friends and has to deal with that. It's slowish and feels more episodic slice of life than serial. I found it a nice and original break from action focused shows.

RedIsen likes this.
  20. elrond

elrond Member

So the first real RPG I played was the original Wizardry series. I knew that Wizardry was quite popoular in Japan and was one of the inspirations for many of the rpgs that came out from Japan. What I wasn't aware of was that there was actually a Wizardry anime OVA, and it's pretty decent. 90s era fantasy anime at its finest.

Wizardry 1 [OVA] ウィザードリィ Toshiya Shinohara 1991 (youtube.com)