1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The Chimera Ant arc was fantastic but i felt so depressed afterwards, lol

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'd rate it like this:

1. Yorknew City Arc (Troupe Arc) - 12/10 One of the best arcs i've ever seen in anime.
    2. Chimera Ant Arc - 10.5/10 Not as good as the Troupe arc, still masterful.
    3. Greed Island Arc - 9/10 Some people might disagree but this arc was underrated.
    4a. Hunter Exam Arc - 8/10 Not the best but still very, very good
    4b. Heaven's Arena Arc - 8/10 Short but sweet

5. 13th Chairman Election Arc - 1/10 Oh man, how can they even produce this trash after everything before it. I can even begin to name them 100+ things that are wrong with this arc, Ging, the Zodiacs, little girl Kite, Alluka, everything. It's just a terrible, terrible arc, I don't think there is one likable Zodiac.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny thing
    I went to watch the older episodes because I came into the I think at the end of the Yorknew City arc (IS this with the auctions)
    So ., .. . I get the 1999 version
    It is worse animation but still seems the same story
    Interesting to say the least but still enjoyable

Rocket River

4. omgTHEpotential

Ains Ooal Gown got no chill.

TheRedRanger likes this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The episodes feel like they are over before they even begin. There have been a million OP protagonists in another world series recently, but this show is on another level in terms of watchability.

I really hope this show gets more seasons because you never know with anime. I can't get enough of the supreme one.

6. omgTHEpotential

I totally agree. I get angry after watching an episode because it flies by so fast.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone see the BLEACH live action movie?
    I liked the animation of Bleach but could not go through the whole series

Rocket River

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I haven't seen the Bleach movie, but I've never seen a good live action adaptation of an anime. There's just a bombastic nature to it that simply doesn't translate to a live action production.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree. I do hear that bleach is one of the best though
    My thing is . .it is subbed. . .. cannot work and sub at the same time :D
    So I have to wait until i am less busy

Rocket River

10. myco

myco Contributing Member

Are you a light novel reader? B/c the anime leaves out some of the best parts IMO. And ep 12 was a complete travesty as far as animation quality. Don't get me wrong though, I still like it overall, but sometimes the storytelling decisions and the horrible cgi in the anime get to me.

TheRedRanger likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I never got into light novels or manga.

Maybe some plot elements bothered you expecting a certain thing, but storywise I got exactly what I wanted. The CGI certainly wasn't good, but I'm willing to cut it some slack since it didn't bother me that much. Animes are made on a really tight budgets (usually with the sole purpose of promoting light novels/manga) so if they have to cut some corners to make it happen and keep pumping out entertainment I'm OK with it.

It's strange, there's nothing particularly well done in the show. Mediocre at best production, the plot is fairly straightforward, and they really should run into the superman conundrum with so many OP characters. But it works, my god does it work. The how quick do I watch when available and, how quick does the time pass while watching are the barometers for how much I'm enjoying a show. This show is up there with some of my all time favorites in that regards despite being objectively just good not great.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Bleach Anime is subbed and dubbed on Netflix.

13. myco

myco Contributing Member

I get it and am glad you're enjoying the anime. And if the OP Superman-ness of the characters works this well for you, you'll probably love any further adaptations that they do. That said, I'll just put it out there that the light novels offer a richer experience that's worth the time. But of course this sentiment is not new for any consumer of an original work with respect to its adaptation in another form.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

S3 of Attack on Titan has been boring so far...thank God this arc is almost over

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ok. . i thought it was just me

Rocket River

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m still only halfway through the latest episode...this season just hasn’t been interesting to me so far

way too much boring dialogue with the story focused on people like Historia who I just don’t care about...also, Eren been acting like a b*tch

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Damn. I was going to binge season 3 too. It's amazing how this Anime has fallen off.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I know what comes after all this is supposed to be a lot better, but this current arc has not been exciting...I’m just waiting for it to be over

19. omgTHEpotential

To be fair, it was always going to be impossible to live up to the S1 hype. That was probably among the best anime seasons of all-time.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

Where do you read the manga? Is there someone on the internet where you can do that? Or are you buying it.