1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andris Biedrins?!?!? Or who???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Nov 28, 2011.

1. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Andris Biedrins could be the Rockets most likely chance of getting. Morey has shown interest in trying acquiring him through trade last season and I bet he is doing the same now. I like him, he just needs some tweeks and work from Coach McHale.

Biedrin for Thabeet???

If not biedrin then we most likely go into free agency.
    Ppl are saying NENE and Gasol. Well those ppl should start dreaming.

Gasol likely to stay in Memphis.
    Nene - many teams after him unless we pay him big
    Tyson Chandler - Im sure he is staying with dallas or going to be super overpaid, plus this guy can't even play that well.
    or
    other centers available

LAST OPTION: THABEET!!!! Fingers-cross! Hope he improves this past lockout! Praying he is at least an average center in the NBA!

elmotsangtt likes this.
  2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I've seen on warriors forum who say we would have to give up more than hill and Thabeet. I would like him signed he he is amnesty cut but I think they aren't interested in doing that.

Fesenko is another I would like signed for cheap since he is still young.

If no nene, beidrins, or fesenko then we keep chuck and give Thabeet consistent minutes off the bench.

3. gah

gah Member

Those two look like more realistic pursuits than Nene, still gotta shoot for the latter first.

4. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Greg Oden. 4 years 24 million dollars the last year being a team option, I would love the last two to be team options but I am not sure that will fly.

I like his presence, his beard, and his desire to be better. If portland does not resign him I like this as a risk. Think of it this way, Thabeet fully healthy could not get off the bench... Oden healthy looked pretty good.

With the 2012 draft having a glut of Wing players or softer post players in the pick range I believe we will be in. I think trying to get a postish pressence on defense would be ideal.

Of course the physical is important... but I prefer this risk then hoping NENE chooses us. Might allow us to resign the Modesto Mauler as well without worring too much about the dreaded Luxury Tax.

If it pans out... we might have Gortat 2.0.

Fierguard

Bleed Red Rockets Red.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

No way. If healthy, Oden would probably be the hottest free agent on the market. But the guy hasn't played an NBA game in almost two years and just just started running last month. His agent said he wouldn't be ready until January at the earliest. Making a four year commitment would be extreme and even a two year deal would kill our cap room in next year's free agency.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My preferences (in order): Jordan, Nene, Dalembert. Don't know how likely any of those are, but those would be my preferences...

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's not going anywhere via Amnesty

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_19417000?source=rss

8. Fierguard

I disagree if healthy he would not have been a free agent portland would have extended him already. Buy low sell high. We would be buying low.

As for his January time frame... we start in December so it is not as if he is missing half the year.

I belive it will take a 4 year deal to sign him I think anything shorter and Portland matches.

As for the cap killing... oden at 6 million dollars take that off the cap. Still with the cap being around 58 we still might be able to sign or sign and trade(More likely) for an elite talent.

However, if he works out to his 24 minutes 11 point 8.5 boards a game
    averages in 09 that is a steal. You draft one or two wings in a very wing heavy draft hoping for P.Jones, Q. Miller, T. Jones, Barnes, Gilchrist. Sign a premier PG like Deron or Paul and you likely have a team that can contend.

Is it far fetched? Sure. About as far fetched as signing Howard... maybe a bit less.

I can respect that you do not want to take the risk. I just see it otherwise.

Fierguard

Bleed Red Rockets Red.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Hell NO!!! why would we sign a player who hasn't even played a whole season yet

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

If they're not going to cut them its probably because they feel they can get some value back via trade. They did nearly trade him to us after all.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

why would we get greg oden when he hasn't even played a whole season with portland

12. cod

cod Member

Only as the price to get a trade done.

13. Fierguard

The same reason he got drafted over Durant in the first place. Potential.

Fierguard

Bleed Red Rockets Red

14. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Ay, Greg Oden wouldn't be that bad. He would definitley be a risk but since the Rockets need a center so bad, I think they should prefer Oden too.

Oden is a great defender and he can jam that basketball hard.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Somebody will overpay for Oden.

Then he will be struck by a meteor covered with ebola.

16. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

Who Will Want Unhealthy Oden who gets Injured most of the time

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I'd rather bring Yao out of retirement and have him play with cast than sign Oden.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont know what people keep thinking they might get out of Thabeet? The juice from that berry has been squeezed the sh%# out of already. He has not talent. Borderline r****ded in basketball terms.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Excuse me. "No talent" I mean.

20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No amount of rehab or playing time will fix the fact that Oden's legs are of unequal length. Structurally, he's simply not cut out to be a professional athlete and will continue to break down. To give him any money would be a waste.