1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An idea to improve the quality of the BBS

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by CRC, Nov 22, 2003.

1. CRC

CRC Member

This is just an idea in an attempt to encourage quality threads/posts by our members. How about we start a "Posters/posts of the month" thread in the feedback forum & have posters nominate posts/posters that have started high quality threads/posts (&provides a link to these threads/posts).

I see a few advantages in doing this:

1) Encourage posters to start high quality threads/posts so they could possibly be nominated here & gain some respectability on this board.

2) Casual BBS visitors can checkout the "posters/posts of the month" thread to find quality threads/posts quickly instead of wasting their time surfing through a bunch of stupid threads.

3) By looking at the "Poster/Post of the month" threads the new members would get a good understanding of the culture of this BBS & knowing who are the quality posters on this board - thus they can learn from them quickly.

4) This can be treated as an ongoing fun game/competition among our members.

5) Unlike the Rating System suggested by some posters in the "Forum Purpose, Rules and Guidelines" thread, this method does not require additional BBS software/hardware/bandwidth demands.

It would be best if an admin/mod could start this kind of threads & make it a sticky here in the feedback forum (like the game thread in the GARM), so people could track/view these threads for future references.

What do you guys think?

2. CRC

CRC Member

Oh, & here is another idea for "knee-jerk reactors" like me :D:

Put in your Signature the posters you would like to see improvement in posting quality (for example, look at my sig).

Instead of bashing/arguing those knee-jerks for starting stupid threads, just leave them alone & put their name in your sig as a reminder to improve on their posting quality. I'm sure the embarrasement of exposing them as below-par posters would affect their decision next time when they attempt to start another stupid thread.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

CRC,

Calling out a poster in your sig is not a good idea IMO. It could very well start a signature war. :)

4. CRC

CRC Member

Codell,

That's a good point. But from my perspective the Sig is used to serve as a "friendly" reminder/suggestion to these posters (instead of bashing them)... oh, & yes I forgot to mention that I'll review the list every week - If they haven't start another thread that gets locked within a week, I'll remove them from the list.

Anyway, if most of you guys (the admins/mods in particular) think it's too controversial, then I'll remove them from my Sig. :)

5. CRC

CRC Member

By the way, the reason I started these suggestions is because these are one of the few that could be implemented by ordinary members (without bothering the admins/mods too much) & it's not compulsory for everyone - It's a little thing for those who would like to improve the quality of the BBS could do & hopes to make a difference.

"Don't ask what the BBS can do for you, but ask what YOU can do for the BBS" :D

6. CRC

CRC Member

Kudos to Clutch - He just implemented a rating system, which I think will help to improve the quality of the GARM a lot. :)

7. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

One thing that would improve the BBS would be you have to have a minimal amount of post. To have a guy come in with 6 post and start a thread just to start one clogs up the board. I say you have to have at least 100 post to start one.