1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon Prime] World Series 2017

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Uprising, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

How have I not seen this till today?! Watching it now.

Great documentary of the 2017 World Series......perfect for pre-game hype. Included with Amazon Prime.

[​IMG]
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/World-2017-Film-Jose-Altuve/dp/B07FL43YWS
    EDIT: Ugh....it keeps turning the link into a media link. Stuck it in a "code" tag to keep it from turning into a broken media link.

#1 Uprising, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah, not sure how you missed this??

Its been available via iTunes, and is sitting in the digital library. Also have a blu-ray hard copy. Also have a DVR copy when they broadcasted in on FSSW that winter. Also have a regular DVD copy since my wife was unaware there was a difference and thought it made a good stocking stuffer.

Needless to say... hopefully there's never a time where I can't physically watch it for the rest of time! (not so much the case with the old Rockets clutch/double clutch videos... still have them, but no VCR).

My only nitpick of the documentary is that they spend a disproportionate amount of time on game 1 (which ended up being meaningless). Games 2 and 5 get the attention they deserve. Games 3 and 6 are a blip. Then game 7 ends up being more of an epilogue rather than a coronation (which is sort of what it felt like in reality).

Of course when they're making it, and gathering footage/interviews, they have no idea who's going to win... they have to cover both sides pretty equally.

Looking forward to this year's version as well...

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I want to see the biased version. But it was good.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Busted out the dvd and watched it again. Cried all over again.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Whoops wrong thread.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I bought my dvd set not too long after the series. No way I wasn’t going to get a hard copy of every game. It even came with the game 7 of the ALCS with the Yankees too.