1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare leads suns past Shaq's Heat, becomes best center in the league hands down

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaGlide, Jan 11, 2005.

1. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

And another one bites the dust. The student has become the teacher. The Suns, led by Amare's 34 trounce the Heat, and a new king is crowned. If the suns keep relatively healthy this season, watch out! Sure wish we would have chosen differently in the draft 3 years ago. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

2. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

lol

excellent analysis.

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Get real! Nash lead the Suns. Amare is just a puppy that runs with Nash. Did anyone even count how many offensive rebounds and dunks Shaq had? 10? I wouldn't call myself the best center if I let the opposing center abuse me freely in the paint.

4. DaGlide

Please don't hate for hate's sake. Shaq had 6 offensive rebounds, 11 total. Get the facts straight so your posts don't seem so subjective in nature.

5. lancet

Be objective? That's a funny word coming from you claiming "Amare is the best center in the league hands down"? Even from the pure stats in the game Shaq is 34-11-2-2, Amare 34-7-2-0. How is Amare the best center by doing worse than Shaq?

BTW, did you even watch the game? Shaq guards Amare one on one. Pheonix send Amare, Marion, and Q to surround Shaq whenever Shaq has the ball in the paint. Shaq basically was abusing the entire Pheonix frontline by dunking most of his field goals.

PS. Go back to your pheonix boards kissing amare's rearends. I am sure you can be very popular. What a loser!

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

amare is awesome but c'mon man. there's probably few players in the history of the game who have benefitted as much from a their pg and a near perfect system. that team is loaded with quick athletes who not only can take it to the hole but can rain 3-pointers which spread the floor for nash to penetrate and find amare for a ridiculous amount of dunks. don't get me wrong, amare is an amazing athlete and a great player but you're kidding yourself if you think he'd average even 20 on the rockets. it also helps that if you gave phoenix a rule-book and told them to mold it anyway they want to perfectly fit their team, these rules would be exactly what you'd have. props to them for being ahead of the curve and playing to the new nba. amare playing center and shawn marion at pf 10 years ago would just be silly.

so what if i sound bitter, it's still the truth. :p

#6 BigM, Jan 11, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  7. DaGlide

Please take the blinders off. The suns are the real deal. Watch in the offseason as other teams try to mimick what they've done. Problem is there's only one Amare. And one Nash, and one Marion....

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

and combined, they win by triple teaming one O'neal

9. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

I don't agree with what you're saying, but I sincerely hope your prediction is right. I want 80's basketball! :)

10. Got Em

Got Em Member

Are you stupid? DO NOT EVER post again. :mad:

Shaq had better stats with 3 people guarding him and you make a post like this...THIS IS RIDICULOUS! (Steven A. Smith tone)

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

LOL

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

And everyone on the Suns wants what Shaq has THE RINGS... Let us know when Amare wins one then I will start to take you for real.. I will say they are a fun team to watch..

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good work, Webster's definiton of irony is now obsolete.

14. lalala902102001

I have a peculiar feeling that you would've received a much warmer response had you posted this rubbish on the Suns board.

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah. I thought this original post didn't sound like you. Turns out, it wasn't. :)

Amare is expanding his game- he's actually hitting jumpers, which is kind of a scary thought. But anytime the opposing center goes 16-20 against you, it's hard to "become the best center in the league, hands down".

It'll be interesting to see what happens comes playoff time. Nobody in the league plays near the Suns tempo, so they always have the advantage of shell-shock. That advantage tends to disappear once they have to play the same team 4 to 7 times in a row.

They've loaded up on shooters, and tough perimeter players who can rebound (Q actually played the 4 in college, and averaged 11 rebs a game at DePaul iirc). I'd still love to get Joe Johnson on the Rockets.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

yeah a much "warmer" response on the "suns" board. :D I bet it would have been a real "heated" topic. :D Depending on how 'bright" the other posters are over there. :D I bet they would have all went around "shooting rays that traveled like 93 milllion miles in 8 minutes". :D

wait scratch that last one.

17. lancet

Priceless!

18. lytruc

lytruc Contributing Member

The Suns are an exciting team to watch... loads of athleticism. But, Steve Nash is the one that makes that team go. Amare is just athletic, but no real skills. Like Shaq said, Amare is young Shaq. All athleticism. Remember how Hakeem took Shaq apart during the Finals? So shall Yao.

Anyway, here's my prediction: Suns will lose in the first round of the playoffs. That kind of basketball is only good for the regular season.

19. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Yeah, looks like I pick a popular user name around here...

20. Houstonrocketss

Shaq has won NBA titles and MVP's and has made history
    Amare is good but he's not better than Shaq...