1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMA] The Great Depression And Anxiety Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

What I can tell you is that while it is frowned upon, uppers really do help with serious lifting. Cocaine certainly does too but can get overly confident and lift too much. Cocaine is a drug that I have used for particular activities but it scares me to death because the high is awesome - for 5 minutes. I can see why people ruin their lives.

Caffeine is a good go to for pre workout but make sure you have your heart checked. After like 30-35, some serious possible problems with an elevated heart rate. I say that as I bounce around the idea of getting the dom in the car and buying some coke.

ROCKSS, TWS1986 and Xerobull like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've found Krantom has helped me a lot in the evenings to help with anxiety. Not the head shop **** but the tested stuff you can buy in bulk online. I stopped me from relying on "night caps" and I've had great nights of sleep because of it.

You can build a tolerance for it so I usually just take some 2-3 times a week on days I feel the thoughts race.

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You mean Kratom? I used to be on that a while ago for pain. It worked alright.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah that’s what I mean.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

cheke64 likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ve struggled with both for years, so I’ve decided to stop watching the news, and changed my diet

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It was Landlord Landry.

Jontro likes this.
  8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

On the point about the news, one of the healthiest things I did (when I used to take the bus to work before covid) was to actually buy a paper copy subscription to the local newspaper. It is by far the healthiest way to consume news as it lacks the emotional element that drives everyone crazy. Plus it covers local news and non-news items that gives you a more balanced consumption of media.

I still subscribe to the paper on weekends and its just a much more enjoyable way of catching up on the world that doesn't upset me the way television and internet media does. I'd honestly encourage anyone who just can't stand the news to just get a newspaper subscription.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

What happened to the roaring 20's?