1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I getting played?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm disappointed in my son. Have reached out to him multiple times, and finally asked if there was anything wrong?

For those in my history, my ex remarried after our divorce and tried to adopt him with the new guy. I fought. 10 years, and then we all figured it out.

Just went to his graduation in May. New Husband is now ex husband. And I **** the bed. I tell him everything, including that my son's GF is sub par, IMO. He agrees.

But could he have told my son I feel his live in GF is wrong? I'll wait and see. I'd be hurt if he said things behind my my back, because I truly liked him.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I sent him this. One thing I've learned in the past few years is to hear the French Horn.

Never even thought about it before.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Damn that’s some unhealthy drunk posting.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You talk too much.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Why is she subpar for him?

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

As a parent, I think he's too good for her. She's 23 and at least 20 lbs overweight.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Are you quite certain your son or his GF does not use this site? You are giving away a lot of personal details here.

Deckard and Jontro like this.
  9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

maybe he likes fatty fat b****es.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

I can understand and personally agree with that, but everyone has their own preferences in body-type/weight. But your son giving you the silent treatment over such a minor (IMO) nitpick is kind of weird. Is he the type to be super-sensitive to criticism?

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

You need to understand this is just a guess. I had a great time with his step dad during his graduation, and we both shared that he could do better. No biggie. My nephew is about to marry a girl that he is eons above and we all know it, but my brother says "he's good for her."

Just odd that he hasn't responded to me in a couple months. No actual idea why yet, but because I'm now friends with the stepdad I know he's responding to him, at least with likes.

Kinda depressing. I think I'll have a drink.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is he too good for her because she is 20 pounds overweight or something else/more?

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

They've known each other since jr high. I'm shallow, which is why I'm single.

But I get scared about an overweight 23 yr old.

As a parent, you should understand that. I don't know her. She's very shy. But, you know what? So was I towards parents when I was that age. I thought I was being respectful, but my fiance back in the day said they didn't trust me. Look. I'm banging your daughter. Have been for quite a while. I'm going to feel a bit meek when I initially you.

I'm 50, so that fence has been crossed. And yet I'm still flummoxed on Dad's taking my meekness/respect for hiding/shady stuff.

Maybe I still do it. I don't mean to. Hell, I was walking to my Target and in the backlot there's always lazy asses who take their carts to the edge of the property (I've seen worse) So I pulled the carts back to the guy. Told him they were all accounted for. He was so thankful he kept talking about random ****. To me, it was a minor exercise.

I guess I'm just a weird guy.

#13 Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  14. bobrek

Yeah.... that's shallow. She could turn out to be the absolute best thing that has ever happened to him.

fattz, Deckard, rocketsjudoka and 5 others like this.
  15. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Wow, that's pretty shallow.

jiggyfly and Yung-T like this.
  16. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

You don't have to be a size 2 to be good looking. It's probably best to let him decide who he wants to date.

#16 Slyonebluejay, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    kubli9, Yung-T and FrontRunner like this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This is an important time in your kid's life. Let him know how happy you are that he's found someone special and stay on the girl's good side. Trust me on that.

I don't mind extra pounds on a woman. Now if she's lazy in general I would run like hell, but it's your kid's life.

Yung-T and Slyonebluejay like this.
  18. bobrek

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i feel like we skipped a lot of important details in this story

20. Buck Turgidson

You're his father but seem to want to be his friend. It's no business of yours who he dates, or who he feels makes him happy, or anything else in his personal life.

If he asks you for advice about anything, then give it.

Your job is to support him. It's his sibling's or close friend's job to tell him he's an idiot if and when he needs that conversation.

FrontRunner, fattz, Deckard and 5 others like this.