1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alternatives to NBA LP?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThrillaNManilla, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but living in San Antonio has been a curse and not just because of all of the fat ladies. NBA LP has been a real issue with IP range identification, which has lead to the Rocket's home games being blacked out while I am connected in San Antonio. Every few weeks I have to contact LP's support staff for a "VIP" account to circumvent their faulty client-to-server TCP/IP connection. What finally made me snap was when I was told that I needed a static IP. A Dynamic IP will still register my geographic location as being in San Antonio, too. It was frustrating because they don't expect people to understand networks, but fortunately I work in the cyber field, so go F yourself NBA LP "genius bar." Before you ask, I refuse to pay for a vpn and don't trust a free vpn, so that's not an option.

My questions is, are there any alternatives to NBA LP? I have heard of Ballstreams, but that website seems to have been taken down for whatever reason. Help me out guys. It is bad enough that I have had to live in San Antonio for the last 5 years. Thank you in advance.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am borrowing my brother in laws league pass because he wants to watch the Knicks (don't ask).
    I use a smart dns service to change my location so the rockets games are not blacked out. This is on Apple TV.
    Since it's not a VPN service, I still get my regular speed or what not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

NBA streams on Reddit - r/nbastreams

I had used ballstreams for 2 years and then I guess the feds got em...RIP

I then did Reborn4HDLive, but I think that got taken down too

so it’s been Reddit streams for me since the 16-17 season

hakeem94, xaos and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  4. ThrillaNManilla

How are the quality and connectivity of the Reddit streams?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

both are pretty good...rarely ever any buffering and at least 720p HD quality

just make sure u have adblocker and don’t download anything from any of the websites where the streams are coming from and u should be good...I just pick the stream with the most upvotes which is usually a stream from buffstreamz.com

malakas, hakeem94 and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

/Thread. Don't waste your time trying anything else.

7. ThrillaNManilla

Lol. Okay. I try and avoid Reddit as all the nerds at work are on it. Thank you.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I did reddit streams last year but I got tired of looking for a stream that works properly on the iphone to airplay.
    Current setup works perfect. I also get to choose the away broadcasts so I don't have to listen to Clyde/Bill.

9. malakas

malakas Member

also if you have missed a game or want to watch it later here you can find replays of all the games :http://www.nbahdreplay.com/
    They are usually uploaded 1-2 hours after they finish.