1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

---All Rookie Team---

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WNBA, Aug 31, 2002.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=78762&forum=3&17

Yao Ming is getting recognized everywhere.

What do you think the chance that Yao could be selected to All rookie team? Is it such a sure thing?

I don't know why, I am a little bit doutful on this.........I think I won't be very disappointed if he can not make it.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

The all-rookie team with be Jay Williams (point); ; Dajuan Wagner (SG); Boki or Tskhivilli (SF); Drew Gooden (PF); and ROY Yao Ming (center).

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I feel he'll make it on the 1st team, only beacuse he's the best rookie
    center. Also, he's pretty good! :D

Even if he struggles his 1st year, he should be part of that team.

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

WNBA,

By the way, I noticed that you have been getting snide remarks about
    your member name. I just wanted to let you know that there are a lot guys that respect the WNBA and what they can do. I'm one of them. C. Cooper was the best lady basketball player I ever saw! Yes, better than Swoopes. 42points in one game (She still holds the record!).

#4 DavidS, Aug 31, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2002
  5. codell

codell Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, the NBA doesnt select their 1st team rookies based on position, but rather the 5 best rookies. That being said, heres my picks - Williams, Hilario, Dunleavy, Gooden, Butler

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Francis 20pts 10asts 5rbs(35mins),Mobley 20pts4asts,2rbs(35mins) Griffin 15pts 3 blocks 8rbs,(20mins) Yao Ming 15pts 4asts 4.5blocks 12rbs,(24mins)Nachbar 12pts 4asts 3rbs,(20mins) Thomas 12pts 6rbs,(20mins) Taylor 12pts 4rbs,(18mins) Rice8pts 2asts,(10mins) Norris 5pts 6asts(15mins)Maddox 5pts 4asts (10mins)Cato 5pts 8rbs 2blocks(24mins). Cato will need 'repeated enforcement' by the Coach that he is a defensive player! The reason is that he doesn't have the court sense of an offensive player(the hands/eyes). In this way the Rox can get him to have a limited successful role.
    =129pts/gm 48rbs/gm 32asts/gm 9.5 blks/gm

This should get us into the Playoffs, seven players in double points !!!!!Just my wish but you won't know till the end of the 02/03 season! The only changes I would make, is if Rudy & CD get us a great back up Shooting Guard.

7. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

This thread is in NBA Dish. Ya'll might want to check that area out sometimes.

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

"Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray."

c'mon... it's about Ming and the all rookie team
    it's the offseason, grow some thick skin or something

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Last year Battier and Gasol made it for Memphis. This year it will be Yao and Boki.

JWill
    Wagner
    Boki
    Gooden
    Yao

ROY: Yao Ming
    Most Improved: Eddie Griffin

Sophmore all stars:
    Pau Gasol
    Eddie Griffin
    Richard Jefferson
    Jason Richardson
    Tony Parker

Yao will not perticipate in the Rookie / Sophmore all star game because he will be in the regular all star game with Steve Francis.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

So Hilario will be better than Ming? I think he will be pretty good at blocking and rebounding, but he may just be limited to dunks on offense. If he gets 10ppg, that would be a suprise, imo. Yao Ming could block at least a similar amount. But his offense is a far above Hilario at offense, as far as I know. The only things I could think of that would put Hilario in, besides outrageous numbers are:1) Yao gets hurt for season early on, or 2) Hilario gets more shot attempts playing in Denver.

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, my picks:
    Yao
    Gooden
    Butler (although I hope Boki can get it.)
    Wagner
    Williams

11. Truth

Truth Member

The Schick Rookie Vs Sophmore will go a little something like this.
    Starters Only
    The Rookies The Sophmores
    PG - Jay Williams PG- Tony Parker
    SG- Dejuan Wagner SG- Jason Richardson
    SF- Caron Butler VS SF- Richard Jefferson
    PF- Drew Gooden PF- Eddie Griffin
    C- Yao Ming C- Pau Gasol

12. Greg M

Greg M Member

That'll be a good game. The rookies should be able to beat the 2nd years. This year's draft was incredible. Hopefully Nachbar will be coming off the bench on that team.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't know. It is about as even as it can be. Last years Rookies were a damn good class and we have not even mentioned Shane Battier or Jamal Tinsley. If Yao goes to the All Star game instead of the Rookie / Sophmore All Star game then I say the Sophmores will win. If Yao is on the Rookie team then I think it will be a toss up.

The last few drafts are full of future all stars. I think we are seeing the next generation of dominant NBA players like we did in the early and mid 80's with Sampson, Dream, Ewing, Barkley, Jordan, Malone and Robinson (as well as some others). The 90's decade of talent has just not lived up to the standerds of the talent that we saw in the 80's.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well Codell, maybe Hilario will be the rookie-team instead of Yao. :D

15. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I think Steve will win the most improved player, imo, But I agree with Yao being Rookie of the year...and with all those people in China backing him in the voting he WILL make the All-Star team